U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2015, 07:31 PM

1,820 posts, read 1,319,791 times

Advertisements

Nationals 0 @ Marlins 8
Nationals 2 @ Marlins 6

Nationals now tied with the Phillies for last place in the divsiion and are off to Atlanta for three and then New York for four. These are dark days...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 04:42 PM

1,820 posts, read 1,319,791 times
The funereal beat goes on...

Nationals 4 @ Braves 8

Old 04-28-2015, 06:55 PM

6,551 posts, read 4,506,707 times
This team is complete garbage right now. I thought the Knicks were a pathetic team in basketball this year, but he Nats are making the Knicks look like a 70-12 team!

Old 04-28-2015, 08:58 PM

So I shut everything off when we went down 9-1, put my phone in my room so I wouldn't be checking the score, & made that previous post and we just complete the largest comeback in franchise history to win 13-12. I'm starting to think I've been the bad luck all along and I should just not care anymore. Oh well, whatever it takes to string some Curly W's together I'll take one for the team! Major Barbara did a good job updating but I'll have Saturday through tonight wrapups later tomorrow.

Wednesday's matchup is Jordan Zimmermann and his dropping fastball velocity for the Nats vs. Alex Wood for the Bravos who are no doubt reeling after that gut-punching loss. Game time is scheduled for 7:10 PM.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:27 PM

Default 9-13

Nats 13 @ Braves 4.

26 runs in the last 2 games?!?! Who the hell are these guys, and where have they been the first 20 games?? The Nats were down 3-2 in the 4th before the starting pitcher cleared the bases with a 3 run double with 2 outs to put them up 5-3 and they never trailed after that and added on a bunch more for good measure. Danny Espinosa finished 4-5 and Span added a 3 run homer in the 9th. Now onto New York where the first 2 games look like EXCELLENT matchups to pay attention. Tomorrow is Stras vs. deGrom, Friday is Scherzer vs. Harvey. Nats throw Gonzalez and Fister the final 2 games (both will be on 1 extra days rest) while it looks like the Mets counter with Jonathan Niese and Dillon Gee the final 2 games. Should be a pretty good series, probably one of the better ones of the weekend.

Thursday's pitching matchup is Stephen Strasburg for the Nats vs. Jacob de Grom for the Mets. Game time slated for 7:10 PM.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:33 AM

19,990 posts, read 19,002,881 times
The Nationals capitalized on the Braves' ineffective pitching to win two of three games.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:26 PM

Default 10-13

Nats 8 @ Mets 2.

For once an opponents error opened the door. Wilmer Flores bobbled a double play grounder which lead the Nats to take a 3-2 lead in the 4th, and Harper put the exclamation point on top with a bases clearing 3 run double in the 9th. Strasburg was shaky in the early going before settling down late, de Grom became undone after Flores' error. That is now the 15th win in the last 16 games @ Citi Field the Nats have won.

Friday's pitching matchup is the 215 million dollar man Max Scherzer for the Nats taking on the Dark Knight for the Mets Matt Harvey. Game time is slated for a 7:10 PM first pitch. Check this out of you have MLB.TV/MLB Extra innings, this should be a dandy of a matchup!

Old 05-01-2015, 10:22 PM

18,993 posts, read 7,386,284 times
It was a great matchup. Both pitched extremely well.

Delighted Collins pulled Harvey at 93 pitches, as he went 107 Saturday.

Old 05-02-2015, 10:16 AM

Default 10-14

Nats 0 @ Mets 4.

The pitching matchup was billed as advertised and that was a better fight then Mayweather vs. Pacquiao will be tonight. This is only the 4th time since the All Star Game last year that we've gotten shut, and the Marlins did it twice. The other times were July 26, 2014 @ Cincinnati (lost 1-0), July 29, 2014 @ Miami (lost 3-0), April 25, 2015 @ Miami (lost 8-0).
Mets got the scoring started in the 4th with a home run by Michael Cuddyr which, if it happened last year, would've either been a double, or a fly out to Michael Taylor in the old Citi Field dimensions. In the 6th inning, Harper walked with 2 outs and then got thrown out trying to steal second. He was called safe on the field, Terry Collins reviewed it, and even though one replay (I think it was the CF angle) showed that he might've been out, the other angle from behind the plate showed he was safe, so obviously without a definitive answer as to whether he was safe or out, the umps overturned the call and Harper was called out. THAT'S the part I find frustrating. You make the call on the field and without video evidence and you call him safe. Then you look at the replay, both angles you see come to a different answer, but you overturn the call anyways??? Really, what's the point of having instant replay if the umps are just going to blow the call anyways?? If Harper was called out and he stayed out I wouldn't have a problem with it, but to call him safe on the field, look at inconclusive replay's and overturn the call is complete bull$#!t! Granted, there were 2 outs anyways, but we would've had Harper on second base in a 1-0 game (with great speed) with Ryan Zimmerman at the plate with almost any hit to the OF scores Harper from second with 2 outs. That call changed the game COMPLETELY! Met's finished the scoring with a bases-clearing 3 run double by Daniel Murphy in the 8th after Matt Thornton allowed 2 hits, and Blake Treinen walked Cuddyr before Murphy's double.

Pitching matchup today is Gio Gonzalez for the Nats vs. Jon Niese for the Mets. First pitch scheduled for 7:10 PM.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:31 PM

Default 11-14

Nats 1 @ Mets 0.
Another pitchers duel at Citi Field, but this one was different then Harvey/Scherzer from Friday. Only one pitcher was truly dominate, and that was Gio Gonzalez. Jon Niese was in trouble the entire evening, but the Nats could never get the insurance runs.
The Mets had a scoring opportunity stuffed out when Lucas Duda doubled down into the left-field corner and Werth with Desmond as the cut-off man got Juan Legares by about 60 feet at home plate. Made it worse as later in the inning Gio uncorcked a wild pitch which moved Duda to 3rd and Mike Cuddyr to second (who walked) but a groundout ended the threat. The only other decent scoring chance the Mets got was in the 5th inning when the Mets got guys on second & 3rd with 2 outs for Duda who grounded weakly to second to end the threat. Nats pitching, which included Gio, Aaron Barrett, Matt Grace & Drew Storen retired the last 13 Mets, beginning with that Duda groundout to end the 5th. The only Met that reached base after the 5th was Dilson Herrerra who reached on a single, but who was promptly erased trying to stretch that single into a double.
Nats got the games only run in the second inning: Desmon snapped an 0-29 skid with a single that hit off the second base bag, Danny Espinosa had a single into LF that just barely got by the leap of Daniel Murphy at 3b, after Gio sacrificed the runners over, Michael Taylor had the games only RBI on an infield single that bounced off Murphy's glove on his dive attempt. Even though the Nats only got 1 run, they got a guy into scoring position in 5 of the 9 innings.
Sunday concludes the 4 game series. Scheduled pitching matchup is Doug Fister for the Nats vs. Dillion Gee for the Mets. Game time is scheduled for 1:10 PM. Nats start a 6 game home stand on Monday beginning with the Marlins who make their first visit to Nationals park in 2015.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or