U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-06-2016, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Trumbull/Danbury
6,546 posts, read 4,495,395 times
Reputation: 2478

Advertisements

Game 1 at 5:30 as expected and also as expected the pitching matchup is Max Scherzer vs. Clayton Kershaw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-06-2016, 05:57 PM
 
18,890 posts, read 7,350,115 times
Reputation: 8074
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Game 1 at 5:30 as expected and also as expected the pitching matchup is Max Scherzer vs. Clayton Kershaw.

UGH.hate that start time. I will miss 6 innings, no doubt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2016, 08:23 PM
 
Location: Trumbull/Danbury
6,546 posts, read 4,495,395 times
Reputation: 2478
Default 2016 playoffs: 0-1

Dodgers 4 @ Nats 3.


That was a frustrating one to watch! We had Clayton Kershaw on the ropes the entire game, I think the first inning when he struck out the side was his only 1-2-3 inning of the day, and from the 2nd inning on until he left after the 5th we had at least 1 runner in scoring position in EVERY ONE of those 4 innings, but could never cash in those extra runs to win the game, but it's the same scenario as it was in '12, '14, etc. Beyond frustrating! Corey Seager took the first pitch he saw from Scherzer and took it out to left-center for a solo home run. In the 2nd Kershaw loaded the bases with 2 singles and an error, but left them loaded when he Scherzer to pop up to end the inning. In the 3rd Andrew Toles started with a single, after a Kershaw sac bunt moved him to 2nd, arch nemesis (and the one thing Mets, Braves & Nats fans can all agree on is our hatred for him) Chase Utley brought him home to make it 2-0, and 2 batters later Justin Turner hit a 2 run homer to make it 4-0. In the bottom half, Harper doubled with 1 out, and after a Werth walk, they executed a double steal, and both scored on Rendon's single, but he got left on 2nd. In the 4th, Severino started with a double, a Scherzer ground out moved him to 3rd, and he scored on Turner's sac fly (actually the only ball Turner put in play on the evening; he finished with 3 strikeouts and a walk in his other 4 plate appearances), and in the 5th Werth got left on 3rd. Dodgers had a scoring threat in the 6th when Turner got to 3rd, but he got left there, had runners on 1st & 2nd with 2 outs in the 7th, and they left the bases loaded in the 9th, while the Nats had a Robinson double with 2 outs in the 8th. Scherzer (0-1 [20-8 overall]) allowed 4 runs on 5 hits (2 home runs) with 0 walks and 5 strikeouts. Kershaw (1-0 [13-4 overall]) allowed 3 runs on 8 hits with 1 walk and 7 strikeouts, Joe Blanton (1st hold(, Grant Dayton (1st hold), and Pedro Baez (1st hold) combined to pitch a hitless 2.1 with 2 walks and 1 strikeouts while Kenley Jansen (1st save) allowed 1 hit in 1.2 with 3 strikeouts recording the final 5 outs.


Game 2 of the series goes tomorrow afternoon: Rich Hill (12-5, 2.12) is the scheduled starter for the Dodgers while Tanner Roark (16-10, 2.83) is scheduled for the Nats. Game time at 4 PM. my family has company at the house tomorrow, so not sure if the recap will be as in depth as today's was. Hopefully it's a happy recap tomorrow though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2016, 11:00 PM
 
18,890 posts, read 7,350,115 times
Reputation: 8074
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Dodgers 4 @ Nats 3.


That was a frustrating one to watch! We had Clayton Kershaw on the ropes the entire game, I think the first inning when he struck out the side was his only 1-2-3 inning of the day, and from the 2nd inning on until he left after the 5th we had at least 1 runner in scoring position in EVERY ONE of those 4 innings, but could never cash in those extra runs to win the game, but it's the same scenario as it was in '12, '14, etc. Beyond frustrating! Corey Seager took the first pitch he saw from Scherzer and took it out to left-center for a solo home run. In the 2nd Kershaw loaded the bases with 2 singles and an error, but left them loaded when he Scherzer to pop up to end the inning. In the 3rd Andrew Toles started with a single, after a Kershaw sac bunt moved him to 2nd, arch nemesis (and the one thing Mets, Braves & Nats fans can all agree on is our hatred for him) Chase Utley brought him home to make it 2-0, and 2 batters later Justin Turner hit a 2 run homer to make it 4-0. In the bottom half, Harper doubled with 1 out, and after a Werth walk, they executed a double steal, and both scored on Rendon's single, but he got left on 2nd. In the 4th, Severino started with a double, a Scherzer ground out moved him to 3rd, and he scored on Turner's sac fly (actually the only ball Turner put in play on the evening; he finished with 3 strikeouts and a walk in his other 4 plate appearances), and in the 5th Werth got left on 3rd. Dodgers had a scoring threat in the 6th when Turner got to 3rd, but he got left there, had runners on 1st & 2nd with 2 outs in the 7th, and they left the bases loaded in the 9th, while the Nats had a Robinson double with 2 outs in the 8th. Scherzer (0-1 [20-8 overall]) allowed 4 runs on 5 hits (2 home runs) with 0 walks and 5 strikeouts. Kershaw (1-0 [13-4 overall]) allowed 3 runs on 8 hits with 1 walk and 7 strikeouts, Joe Blanton (1st hold(, Grant Dayton (1st hold), and Pedro Baez (1st hold) combined to pitch a hitless 2.1 with 2 walks and 1 strikeouts while Kenley Jansen (1st save) allowed 1 hit in 1.2 with 3 strikeouts recording the final 5 outs.


Game 2 of the series goes tomorrow afternoon: Rich Hill (12-5, 2.12) is the scheduled starter for the Dodgers while Tanner Roark (16-10, 2.83) is scheduled for the Nats. Game time at 4 PM. my family has company at the house tomorrow, so not sure if the recap will be as in depth as today's was. Hopefully it's a happy recap tomorrow though.

Your summaries are excellent; especially since I missed game 1. I am hoping NL East comes through. If not, my 2nd choice oddly enough is LA, as godson likes them, and his dad has met Scully many times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2016, 10:23 PM
 
Location: Trumbull/Danbury
6,546 posts, read 4,495,395 times
Reputation: 2478
Default 1-1

Dodgers 2 @ Nats 5.


Corey Seager homered in the first for the 2nd game in a row to put the Dodgers up 1-0. They added the 2nd run in the 3rd on a Josh Reddick single, but the rally got thwarted with a Yasmani Grandal inning-ending double play ball with the bases loaded, and that was the break the Nats finally needed. Lobes had a 2 out, 3 run homer in the 4th to put the Nats up 3-2, and Murph added the final 2 RBI's on singles in the 5th & 7th. Rich Hill (0-1 [12-6 overall]) allowed 4 runs on 6 hits (1 homer) with 2 walks and 7 strikeouts in 4.1. Tanner Roark allowed 2 runs on 7 hits (1 homer) with 3 walks and 1 strikeout in 4.1. Solis (1st hold [10th overall]) pitched 1/3 of an inning, Treinen (1-0 [5-1 overall]) had 2 strikeouts in 1.1 hitless innings and Melancon [1st save [48th overall, 18 with Washington]) allowed 1 hit with 1 strikeout in a scoreless 9th.


Game 3 is Monday in LA since the travel day was lost with the rainout Saturday. Gio Gonzalez (11-11, 4.57) starts for the Nats while Kenta Maeda (16-11, 3.48) starts for the Dodgers. Important start for Gio as game 3 of a best of 5 series tied at 1 is a huge game. Dodgers have been complete crap vs. left-handed pitchers the majority of the season, but Gio can come unglued and come off the rails at any point. Game time is a 4:08 PM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2016, 09:03 AM
 
11,989 posts, read 17,502,602 times
Reputation: 6086
I was there yesterday- great game.

Go Nats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2016, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Trumbull/Danbury
6,546 posts, read 4,495,395 times
Reputation: 2478
Default 2-1

Nats 8 @ Dodgers 3.


Corey Seager didn't homer in the first at least....but he did hit an RBI double for a 1-0 Dodgers lead (after Kenta Maeda loaded the bases in the 1st on 2 walks and a hit but retired Zim to end the inning). Werth got the run back in the 3rd on a double, Harper gave them the lead for good with a single, and a Rendon homer put them up 4-1. Carlos Ruiz 2 run homer in the 5th cut the lead to 1 at 4-3 where it stayed to the 9th where the Nats added 4 AFLAC runs: A Werth homer (which tied him for 11th on the all time most homers hit in the postseason list), A Zim 2 run double, and a Heisey sac fly. Gio allowed 3 runs on 4 hits (1 homer) with 1 walk and 4 strikeouts in 4.1. Solis (1-0 [3-4 overall]) picked up the win pitching a scores 1.2 with 1 hit, 1 walk and 1 strikeout. Ollie (1st hold [17th overall]) and Kelley (1st hold [15th overall]) allowed 1 hit, 0 walks and 4 strikeouts in a combined 2 innings of work. Maeda (0-1 [16-12 overall]) allowed 4 runs on 5 hits (1 homer) with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts in 3 innings.


The franchise hasn't advanced to the NLCS since 1981 when they were known as the Montreal Expos and back before there was even a Wildcard, and the city of Washington hasn't seen an championship series game take place in it's city since 1933 when the old Washington Senators, and now Minnesota Twins won the '33 AL pennant, but that's what the 2016 Nationals will be playing for today: A trip to the NLCS, and a trip for DC & DMV area residents to see a Championship series game in their lifetimes. As of this writing, the starters for both teams are still unknown, even with the game a few hours away. The Dodgers will hand the ball to either Clayton Kershaw (1-0, 5.40 [12-4, 1.69 regular season) or Julio Urias (5-2, 3.39). The Nats will hand the ball to either Joe Ross (7-5, 3.43) or Reynaldo Lopez (5-3, 4.91) with a start time of 5:08. I'm guessing it will be Urias vs. Ross.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2016, 05:48 PM
 
18,890 posts, read 7,350,115 times
Reputation: 8074
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post

The franchise hasn't advanced to the NLCS since 1981 when they were known as the Montreal Expos and back before there was even a Wildcard, and the city of Washington hasn't seen an championship series game take place in it's city since 1933 when the old Washington Senators, and now Minnesota Twins won the '33 AL pennant, but that's what the 2016 Nationals will be playing for today: A trip to the NLCS, and a trip for DC & DMV area residents to see a Championship series game in their lifetimes. .

Was Colon pitching in the 1933 series, too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2016, 02:38 PM
 
Location: Trumbull/Danbury
6,546 posts, read 4,495,395 times
Reputation: 2478
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Was Colon pitching in the 1933 series, too?

He probably was Bob. I think he was game 1 starter in the first World Series ever played in 1903 Bob .


Nats 5 @ Dodgers 6.


Murphy single in the first scored Turner, but Adrian Gonzalez gave the Dodgers the lead in the first with a 2 run homer. Murphy sac fly in the 3rd knotted the score at 2-2, but Dodgers would take the lead back in the bottom half. After Clayton Kershaw doubled to lead off the 3rd, Ross got the next 2 batters, but Justin Turner singled to center with Trea Turner taking a horrific route to the ball causing it to fall in, and than later in the inning with the bases loaded hit Joc Pederson in the leg to force in a 4th run, and Pederson would double in the 5th run in a 5th. Werth got hit by a pitch with the bases loaded in the 7th to make it 5-3, and than Murph followed with a single to tie it up before Utley singled home Andrew Toles with the winning run in the 8th. Kershaw allowed 5 runs on 7 hits with 2 walks and 11 strikeouts in 6.2. Luis Availon (1st blown save) allowed Murphy's hit to tie it up the only batter he faced, Joe Blanton (1-0) had 2 strikeouts in a hitless 1.1, while Kenley Jansen (2nd save) had 2 strikeouts in a scoreless 9th. Ross allowed 4 runs on 3 hits (1 homer) with 2 walks & 3 strikeouts along with 2 hit batters in 2.2. Treinen (1-1 [5-2 overall]) allowed 1 run on 2 hits with 2 strikeouts in 1 inning of work. This looks like a different team from 2012 & 2014. Kershaw retired 11 of 12 batters from the 3rd to the 6th inning where the Dodgers took a game that was tied at 2 and turned it into a 5-2 game. If this was 2012 or 2014 this game wouldn't have been even close at the end.


Game 5 goes Thursday for all the marbles. Rich Hill (0-1, 8.31 [12-5, 2.12 regular season]) starts on 3 days rest for the Dodgers while Max Scherzer (0-1, 6.00 [20-7, 2.96 regular season]) starts for the Nats. Game time at 8:08.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2016, 02:47 PM
 
Location: Parts Unknown, Northern California
41,022 posts, read 18,578,670 times
Reputation: 18680
The only thing worse for a Giants fan than seeing them eliminated, is seeing them eliminated while the Dodgers advance.

Don't let that happen. We're counting on you, the manhood of every member of the Nationals is on the line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top