U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2012, 09:43 AM

1,080 posts, read 829,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Triny33 View Post
As much as I like killing Girardi for making bone headed managerial moves, pinch hitting for A-Rod in the ninth was one of the gutsiest managerial moves I've seen in a long time, and maybe ever..
Gutsy indeed, but then again, he couldn't lose, A-Rod is 1-12 in the post season thus far, lucky for him, it paid off. Great, great finale, good for Raul, So Cool.

Great Oakland comeback in the 9th!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Status: "Warrior fan no matter the roster" (set 22 hours ago)

12,221 posts, read 10,448,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
A's come back on los Tigres

Jose Valverde: 7% more line drives, 22% less ground balls, 23% more ground balls, 22% more in field flies. 8% more walks, 21% less K's. Expected to give up 22% more runs than the average AL reliever

Jose Valverde isn't good
Yeah, but he can spit REAL FAR.

Let's Go Oakland!

Old 10-11-2012, 12:34 PM

41,278 posts, read 18,634,241 times
Wow....Buster Posey has just smacked a grand slam in the fifth against the Reds..it is 6-0 in this elimination game.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:45 PM

42,663 posts, read 74,401,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I knew that the game was over when the Orioles only went into the bottom of the 9th with a 2-1 lead
So did I. The Yankees can send up 9 lefties in a row who can't do anything but reach the short RF porch in Yankee Stadium (which is why they were released elsewhere), and sooner or later, one of them will.

For anybody interested in totally trivial trivia, the Cardinals in the first three have outscored the Nationals almost exactly by the ratio of Pi, or 22/7. Pi and 22/7 differ from each other by 0.0004%

Old 10-11-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Wow....Buster Posey has just smacked a grand slam in the fifth against the Reds..it is 6-0 in this elimination game.
Ludwick. Are you getting scared yet?

Old 10-11-2012, 01:46 PM

Just a thought. When Crisp got the game-winning hit last night, after reaching first, he turned to his left, into the infield, to watch the play at the plate and start celebrating. If the CF had thrown behind him, he could have been tagged out, negating the winning run if he was tagged before the run scored.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Just a thought. When Crisp got the game-winning hit last night, after reaching first, he turned to his left, into the infield, to watch the play at the plate and start celebrating. If the CF had thrown behind him, he could have been tagged out, negating the winning run if he was tagged before the run scored.
Crisp had a view of the ball being mishandled in rightfield, he knew that there was no threat to get either of the runners, there was no throw.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Crisp had a view of the ball being mishandled in rightfield, he knew that there was no threat to get either of the runners, there was no throw.
In that case, it woldn't have happened, but I was watching Crisp and he did turn into the field for the cellebration. An outfielder could be conscious of that, and eventually nail somebody who thought he had a walk off him.

As a little league coach, I used to have my catcher throw to first after a walk. When a little leaguer gets a walk, the fist thing he does when he gets to first is to step off the bag with one foot, and back on with the other, to change feet on the base. I caught a kid doing that once, but the umpire refused to call him out and got pist at me for poor sportsmanship.

After Jeter got the tag-out the other night when he kicked the runners foot off the bag, i was waiting for the Orioles to body block somebody off a base and tag him and see what happens.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:27 PM

3,326 posts, read 4,549,390 times
My poor Reds choked big time. They killed themselves with blown chances and errors. Giants hit when they needed too.

I am so damn angry right now.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:05 PM

In 2010 the Giants clinched each post season step on the road, Division Series in Atlanta, League Championship in Philadelphia, and WS title in Arlington. Now they have clinched in Cincinnati.

The pitchers are mostly the same, but the position players are nearly all different. In 2010 it was C-Posey, 1b-Huff, 2b-Sanchez, SS-Renteria, 3b-Uribe, LF-Burrel, CF-Torres, RF-Ross. Only catcher is the same in 2012.

This was the first time that an NL team has come back from being two down in a division series. It has been done several times in the AL.

From the gloom of the weekend games, the Bay Area is now guaranteed the season will last at least another four games...eight if the A's can come back as well.

Ooop....just as I'm typing the Nationals got a walk off home run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball