Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 10:47 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times

Advertisements

Win Expectancy chart for the Nationals...

Not a Win Expectancy chart for the Nationals

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
The real culprit/s are the GMs, they shut down Strasburg.
Ross Detwiler replaced Strasburg in the rotation.

He pitched 6 innings and gave up 1 unearned run. Would have been tough for Stras to beat that.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Ross Detwiler replaced Strasburg in the rotation.

He pitched 6 innings and gave up 1 unearned run. Would have been tough for Stras to beat that.
Brilliant idea by David Wells.

Since the Nationals shut down Strasburg Wells said that they should leave him in the minors for 3 or 4 years until he's ready.

Really David? Instead of having 160 innings of Stras it'd be better to have 0 innings for the next 3 years.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:21 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,693,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
It was do or die, Johnson should have pulled Storen out, you could immediately tell he didn't have it and the game was going to be lost. The real culprit/s are the GMs, they shut down Strasburg.
Let me get you some tissues. It looks like you need them.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:35 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
Let me get you some tissues. It looks like you need them.
No dog in this fight but I was rooting for the Nats, as the Cards were there last year, thought Johnson should have pulled his closer.

Hey, anything can happen in a 5 game series, the best team won, great game nonetheless!

Old 10-12-2012, 11:40 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Another DUMB MOMENT for TBSS

One of the announcers said this after the game ended......."There is no reason for a Nats Fan to hang their heads"

Really? The saw their team lead 6-0 and felt they were going to the NLCS and they lose but shouldn't hang their head? This is why TBS shouldn't air baseball

Old 10-13-2012, 12:04 AM

2,734 posts, read 4,148,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Teixera with his third steal of the season. Ibanez with an RBI. Finally some offense.
I have to say how impressed I was by the pitching of both the Yankees and the Orioles in this series. Except for the 9th inning of Game 1, the pitching on both sides was utterly brilliant.

Even though I cheered for the Yankees, I feel bad for the Orioles. They were very worthy opponents. I do believe the Yankees are the better team, but the Orioles were tremendous. They wouldn't give up.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:15 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
6th straight elimination win for the Cardinals, dating to last year. I forget how many times they have been down to their last strike. Also, 6 runs down is the largest comeback in MLB history in an elimination game.

Now they are up against a team that knows how to win as well. Gonna be an electric NLCS.

GO CARDS

Old 10-13-2012, 07:25 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
I have to say how impressed I was by the pitching of both the Yankees and the Orioles in this series. Except for the 9th inning of Game 1, the pitching on both sides was utterly brilliant.

Even though I cheered for the Yankees, I feel bad for the Orioles. They were very worthy opponents. I do believe the Yankees are the better team, but the Orioles were tremendous. They wouldn't give up.
I was impressed as well. Glad to see all teams forcing a 5th. Orioles were a formidable opponent but it goes to show that pitching trumps hitting, and in these 5 game series the stress level rises exponentially, I thought CC was losing it there for a minute, he shook it off, regained his composure and threw that much better.

Great baseball all around.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:32 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Another DUMB MOMENT for TBSS

One of the announcers said this after the game ended......."There is no reason for a Nats Fan to hang their heads"

Really? The saw their team lead 6-0 and felt they were going to the NLCS and they lose but shouldn't hang their head? This is why TBS shouldn't air baseball
What should the announcer have said? "Well, despite reaching the post season for the first time and leading all of baseball with 98 regular season wins, this loss in the fifth game of the division series cancels all of the Nationals' accomplishments for the year. They should all be deeply ashamed of themselves. If this were a Japanese team they would be going home to belly stick themselves rather than endure the ongoing mortification associated with this humiliating and disgraceful loss."

Something like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball