U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 09:12 PM

13,293 posts, read 12,815,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
What I;m saying is, once I flick back and forth, it takes me longer to find out the score and outs situation because TBS is not using numbers.

Fox-right away
TBS-5 secs
Takes you 5 seconds to count to 2?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 09:15 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,394,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Takes you 5 seconds to count to 2?

2 sec-outs situation

3 sec-the score/men on base

Old 10-08-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
2 sec-outs situation

3 sec-the score/men on base
It takes you 2 seconds longer to recognize 2 dots on a screen than it does to recognize the number 2? Ok

Old 10-08-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
It takes you 2 seconds longer to recognize 2 dots on a screen than it does to recognize the number 2? Ok

Keep in mind I;m talking about when turning to it for the first time. Once I go back and forth I can see it a little better but I still don't like the dots

Old 10-08-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Keep in mind I;m talking about when turning to it for the first time. Once I go back and forth I can see it a little better but I still don't like the dots
Well, TVandSportsGuy, I have faith that as a human being, you can adapt and learn.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Well, TVandSportsGuy, I have faith that as a human being, you can adapt and learn.
Are you telling me if you just turn on a game on TBS, you can find all of this out in 5 secs or less?

Pitch Count
Number of Outs
Score
Men on Base

Especially since they have it side to side

Old 10-08-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Are you telling me if you just turn on a game on TBS, you can find all of this out in 5 secs or less?

Pitch Count
Number of Outs
Score
Men on Base

Especially since they have it side to side
No. I'm telling you that I don't believe that this will be a debilitating problem for you.

When I watch a game I typically watch the entire game so I know the score, number of outs and where the runners are on base. Sometimes I lose track of the pitch count and I can read that in less than 5 seconds.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:25 AM

10,136 posts, read 11,666,866 times
I wasn't really agreeing that TBS was bad until yesterday. First I am tired of Dick Stockton. He needs to retire. He constantly gets people names wrong all the time, but what really irked me yesterday was the catch that Jon Jay made. Don't get me wrong it was a great catch, but then Stockton brought it up a million times and called it the catch of the series.

1. Even if he didn't catch it, it wasn't going out of the ball park .
2. The Nationals were already down by 4 at that point and the game was pretty much a blow out
3. Jayson Werth made a catch in Game 1 that literally robbed the Cardinals of a home run and oh by the way Werth's team was down one run, which means the catch was the difference in the game.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
I wasn't really agreeing that TBS was bad until yesterday. First I am tired of Dick Stockton. He needs to retire. He constantly gets people names wrong all the time, but what really irked me yesterday was the catch that Jon Jay made. Don't get me wrong it was a great catch, but then Stockton brought it up a million times and called it the catch of the series.

1. Even if he didn't catch it, it wasn't going out of the ball park .
2. The Nationals were already down by 4 at that point and the game was pretty much a blow out
3. Jayson Werth made a catch in Game 1 that literally robbed the Cardinals of a home run and oh by the way Werth's team was down one run, which means the catch was the difference in the game.
Jay's catch was more difficult, IMO. Jay made his on the run while Werth had more chance to set himself.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:18 AM

10,136 posts, read 11,666,866 times
Quote:
Jay's catch was more difficult, IMO. Jay made his on the run while Werth had more chance to set himself.
It was more difficult, but it wasn't as significant as they were making it. If Jayson Werth doesn't make that catch, there is likely no chance the Nationals come back to win that game. To me they gave no love the Werth catch but lauded about a catch that had very little impact on the series.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball