Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 08:29 PM

414 posts, read 904,997 times

Advertisements

What a historic season in Washington! The Nats clinch the National League East Division Championship tonight! A loss has never felt so good! Who cares about the game, just yet ANOTHER goal checked off the list! Let the haters hate, but they can't take anything away from this amazing ballclub. After years of mediocrity, the Nats finally, and very unexpectedly going this distance this year do what no one thought they would. Now, ON TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!! LET'S GO NATS!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 08:43 PM

1,580 posts, read 2,884,149 times
Woo hoo! Go Nats!

Old 10-02-2012, 09:00 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,471,920 times
NL East Champs, baby! Hope we get off this little shnide wer'e in now and find our bats again or else we won't even make it past the NLDS

Old 10-02-2012, 02:09 PM

22,379 posts, read 38,759,340 times
Argh, at least is better than the stinkin mets

Congrats - Is a shame we cant see Strasburg pitch in the playoffs. I do enjoy watching him pitch even as a Phillies fan

Old 10-02-2012, 06:30 PM

you never know, he didn't go the full 180 innings pitch limit, remember they cancelled his final start. Who knows, maybe, if the Nats find themeselves in a desperate situation in the playoffs...you never know

Old 10-03-2012, 08:30 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,514,722 times
This must be killing baseball fans in Montreal.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:46 PM

I believe the Nats are a solidly Washington DC team now. I have to admit, when they first got here, i was happy we finally had baseball again, but still I couldn't help but feel like they were still Montreal's team, that they didn't "belong" to us yet. It wasn't till about 2009 or 10 that I felt like the Nats were truly "our" team, that they "belong" to us now and not Montreal

Old 10-04-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
I believe the Nats are a solidly Washington DC team now. I have to admit, when they first got here, i was happy we finally had baseball again, but still I couldn't help but feel like they were still Montreal's team, that they didn't "belong" to us yet. It wasn't till about 2009 or 10 that I felt like the Nats were truly "our" team, that they "belong" to us now and not Montreal

They ARE Washington D.C.'s team now. There is almost nothing left on or about the club that has much of anything to do with Montreal anymore. Almost all new team, new ownership that has really started doing a great job, new front office staff, new coaching staff, managing staff. Pretty much a new ball club from top to bottom.

I think the funniest comment I have heard from someone this past week was "that should have been our expos that won that championship and are going to the post season. No, it really should not. Sorry, but that is like saying the Texas Rangers and Minnesota Twins successes should be Washington's. No, they should not. It's been nearly 8 years now. I think the time for calling this anything remotely Montreal's team is long passed by.

I'm not so sure about Stras coming back. I suppose it is some sort of a last resort option, but given how tired I watched him become in August / toward the end of his run I'm not sure its really feasible. Hes barely a year off of TJ, and I think that having him around for the long haul is far more important than possibly risking ending his career early. Even Jordan Zimmerman, 2 years out from his TJ started looking a bit tired and wonky. The good news is that the Nats have had the depth to absorb much of the injuries and other issues such as these, and remain a great club.

Regardless of what happens, this should be a fun post season run! I think most of us Nationals fans were hoping for just a good winning season. Not only making the playoffs, but also winning the NL East, and finishing with the best record in MLB was above and beyond anyone's expectations. While all of us Nationals fans want them to go as far as possible and win, everything from this point forward is just icing on the cake of a great, and historic season, for Washington D.C. Baseball.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:19 AM

First playoff game in this current installment of Washington D.C. Baseball history is today. LET'S GO NATS! ! !

Old 10-07-2012, 09:34 AM

whoever came up with this new playoff format was high, we have "home field advantage" but we open with 2 games in St. Louis? We could be in a 0-2 hole before we even get to Nationals park! Crazy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball