U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 12:24 AM

13,293 posts, read 12,855,659 times

Advertisements

Not sure what you have against Jackson...

The Nats' likely starters next season
Strasburg
Gonzalez
Zimmermann
Detwiler

Lannon?
Alex Meyer and AJ Cole are their top pitching prospects, but both only pitched in High A this season.

Jackson will be looking for a big contract, and the Nats may not want to give it to him, but he's certainly one of the top 5 starters in Washington
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 06:15 PM

3,552 posts, read 5,583,682 times
nothing against Jackson, it's just that when he blew that game 2 when he was suppoosed to have "playoff experience", that left a sour taste in my mouth...or it could be just that rotten guava I ate

Old 10-24-2012, 08:45 AM

1 posts, read 613 times
I am not so much fan of Baseball but I felt very bad when Nats lost last game vs Cards..what I saw in the series that it was not only Drew Storen's fault to be eliminated by Cardinals. Gio was not sharp that day either, Edwin Jackson who has given 8 hits and 4 runs in the 3rd. game was disaster again in 7th. inning, and more importantly Davey Johnson was still insisting on him to pitch against his "former" team and he was sleeping at the final inning...Beyond that I can not give any meaning to shut Strasburg down at the post season which he has no guaranty to be witness of any other major league playoff/world series game with Nats which had happened in 79 years ago ! .. The truth is a promising team was not managed well at all...

Old 10-24-2012, 06:13 PM

3,552 posts, read 5,583,682 times
I guess that's why Davey was just named NL Manager of the year

Old 10-25-2012, 08:39 PM

6,586 posts, read 4,540,262 times
Death threats whether on facebook, twitter, a blog, etc are stupid, unneccessary, and since every computer should have an IP address or some other thing that identifies its owner/users the people that send in the website on ANY website should be arressted. If you tell Joe Blow on the street, "Yo, if I see you again I'm gonna ****in pop you" you can get arressted for that, I don't know why the internet protects people.

Old 11-07-2015, 06:07 PM

8,623 posts, read 6,298,626 times
KC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball