U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2012, 07:26 AM

260 posts, read 308,337 times

Advertisements

Well some progress is being made for a 500 million roofed staidium (add 20 million because thats what they do) It's an exciting prospect as I love my Rays and the front office is without a doubt millenniums ahead of any organization. We could play above 500 with our farm club as the talent is insane! My omnipresent concern is the size of the potential stadium needing to exceed 30,000 seats considering it's rarely sold out. This market is so hard to read with respect to demographics, loyalty,affordability,
generational priorities/interest ,competition ,marketing impact,lineup utilization,and entertaiment venue. This franchise probably represents about the only metro area left in the loop and has proven to not be a baseball town. You have to squeeze out what you can after decades of cities being snapped up by owners in better demographics with a footprint for baseball historically. This market is so diverse with sports ,events,venues,recreation and activities that dilute available time,cash,focus and interest notwithstanding travel/parking. The aging babyboomers in many suburbs consider driving to St Pete's or Tampa via the likes of that scary 275 a death march (many even under 40 have never traveled to the Pier, Hyde Park, International Mall, or God forbid Tropicana Field. Spring Hillers are affraid to go to Gulfview Mall for crying out load! The Rays radio network doesn't even reach Spring Hill. When coming home from Spring Hill I have to race to New Port Richey south before I get a transmission it 's pathetic. So you overcome your fears go to the park and pay $20 cottonpickin bucks just to park!!! Then $20-$30 to get in and $15 to have two beers (get a bank loan for food) and you sit next to an old lady with a cow bell!!! Pleeeaaassseee!!! Help me ! Someone Help Me!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 02:09 PM

5,481 posts, read 10,462,146 times
Do you think the recent dismantling of the Marlins may give local taxpayers cold feet in supporting a new Rays stadium? Is St. Pete the best location? Does is need to be retractable roof?
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball