U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 07:05 PM

40,928 posts, read 18,566,118 times

Advertisements

Report: Miami PED lists revealed
Report -- Alex Rodriguez, others on Miami clinic PED lists - ESPN

Quote:
New York Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez has hired an attorney and is denying involvement after his name -- along with those of other baseball players such as Melky Cabrera, Nelson Cruz and Gio Gonzalez -- appeared on lists obtained by Miami New Times from an anti-aging clinic in Miami that allegedly dispensed performance-enhancing drugs.

The names were on records Miami New Times said were given to it by an employee who worked at Biogenesis of America before it closed last month. Miami New Times reported that the records show the firm sold performance-enhancing drugs, including human growth hormone, testosterone and anabolic steroids.
The specific evidence against Rodriguez:
Quote:
The New Times report said that Rodriguez's name shows up 16 times in the records it reviewed. One record, which the newspaper reported was part of Bosch's private notebooks, indicated Rodriguez paid Bosch $3,500 for "1.5/1.5 HGH (sports perf.), creams test., glut., MIC, supplement, sports perf. Diet." HGH is banned by MLB.

There are other notations for Rodriguez as well, beginning in 2009 and continuing through last season. The New Times report states that other drugs listed for Rodriguez include IGF-1, a banned substance that stimulates insulin production and muscle growth, GHRP, a substance that releases growth hormones, and testosterone creams. According to the report, Bosch openly bragged of supplying drugs to Rodriguez.
And in a related development....
New York Yankees attempting to void Alex Rodriguez's contract, according to sources - ESPN New York
Quote:
If Major League Baseball disciplines Alex Rodriguez over the latest illegal performance-enhancing drug allegations, the New York Yankees plan on exploring multiple avenues in an attempt to void the star third baseman's contract.
Anyone else remember back when there was talk of Arod restoring the honor of the record when he passed Bonds in home runs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 08:46 PM

20,903 posts, read 39,179,200 times
The Miami clinic kept detailed records. The writer on yahoo sports was blunt in his assessment of A-Rod.

Damned shame, it cheapens any sport when this happens.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:38 AM

5,985 posts, read 3,736,770 times
Bad for MLB but good for the Yankees if they can void A'roid's contract.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
If the past has predictive value, the MLBPA will fight like crazy to prevent the voiding of Arod's contract because they do not want any sort of precedent set which wrecks their ability to collect every penny of their contracts regardless of whether or not they earned it. This on behalf of someone who has already been paid 325 million dollars in his career and stands to earn another 114 million unless the contract is voided.

It is obvious morality and the general good of the game vs the self interest of the ML players. Guess which way the MLBPA will go?

Old 01-30-2013, 10:35 PM

68 posts, read 113,335 times
I kinda knew something was shady with A-Rod..... this just validates that.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:45 PM

Default More Information On Arod

Sources: Operator of Miami clinic linked to PEDs and MLB treated Yankees' Alex Rodriguez directly - ESPN

Sources: Bosch Injected A-Rod With PEDs

Quote:
MIAMI -- The texts, the source said, usually came late at night, telling Anthony Bosch to come to the house. Bosch would then head to the waterfront mansion on Biscayne Bay, through the gate on North Bay Road, to inject performance-enhancing drugs into Alex Rodriguez.

Procedures were different, though, sources told "Outside the Lines," for the other athletes who were customers of Bosch's Biogenesis of America clinic in Coral Gables, which Major League Baseball considers the center of a widespread doping operation in South Florida. Those athletes, sources said, relied on intermediaries to transport the performance-enhancing drug regimens Bosch provided.
But for A-Rod, the service was always personal: "Only Tony handled A-Rod," one source told "Outside the Lines."

Old 02-07-2013, 11:30 AM

2,370 posts, read 3,058,533 times
I never understood why people took him at his word when he admitted to doping but... that he only doped for that 4 year period.

never bought it in the first place.

btw, Ryan Braun is also listed 3 times in the notes. RB has stated they used Bosch for "consulting" during his PED scandal last year. even his own lead attorney has said Bosch would be a "negligable" witness b/c he's not a doctor and has been linked already to A-rod and Manny Ramierez.

Ryan Braun's latest link to PED put under microscope

A report by Yahoo! Sports said Braun's name appeared three times in documents it obtained from the clinic, first exposed in late January by a Miami New Times report that included New York Yankees superstar Alex Rodriguez as well as other players including Melky Cabrera and Nelson Cruz

Will Braun's attorneys provide corroboration that they used Bosch as a consultant in preparing their defense for his hearing?
Reports out of New York said Bosch's name never surfaced when evidence was presented to the arbitration panel.
Through the public relations firm that represents Braun, the Journal Sentinel filed a request with his attorneys to provide evidence of their link to Bosch. A spokesman for Braun's representatives at Creative Artists Agency responded to that request by saying, "There will be no additional comment at this time."

He was linked in past years to Manny Ramirez's use of a banned substance that led to his suspension. Wouldn't you steer clear of a person with that background who is not a licensed physician? And why would he be considered an expert on testosterone levels?

One of the clinic's logs referred to "RB 20-30 K," supposedly in reference to money that Braun owed to Bosch. MOD CUT

================================================== =================

Ryan Braun : Guilty

Last edited by NewToCA; 02-11-2013 at 07:58 AM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 02-07-2013, 12:01 PM

2,992 posts, read 4,419,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
I never understood why people took him at his word when he admitted to doping but... that he only doped for that 4 year period.

never bought it in the first place.

btw, Ryan Braun is also listed 3 times in the notes. RB has stated they used Bosch for "consulting" during his PED scandal last year. even his own lead attorney has said Bosch would be a "negligable" witness b/c he's not a doctor and has been linked already to A-rod and Manny Ramierez.

Ryan Braun's latest link to PED put under microscope

A report by Yahoo! Sports said Braun's name appeared three times in documents it obtained from the clinic, first exposed in late January by a Miami New Times report that included New York Yankees superstar Alex Rodriguez as well as other players including Melky Cabrera and Nelson Cruz

Will Braun's attorneys provide corroboration that they used Bosch as a consultant in preparing their defense for his hearing?
Reports out of New York said Bosch's name never surfaced when evidence was presented to the arbitration panel.
Through the public relations firm that represents Braun, the Journal Sentinel filed a request with his attorneys to provide evidence of their link to Bosch. A spokesman for Braun's representatives at Creative Artists Agency responded to that request by saying, "There will be no additional comment at this time."

He was linked in past years to Manny Ramirez's use of a banned substance that led to his suspension. Wouldn't you steer clear of a person with that background who is not a licensed physician? And why would he be considered an expert on testosterone levels?

One of the clinic's logs referred to "RB 20-30 K," supposedly in reference to money that Braun owed to Bosch. MOD CUT
================================================== =================

I have always been uncommitted about Braun's previous PED issue, it appeared he did something wrong, but I normally don't like to accuse someone when I don't know the full story. It appeared something happened there, I just never could decide what did happen...and the science is pretty deep and I didn't spend the time reading enough to fully understand it. So I am not saying he is or is not guilty, just that I don't know.

But, this second "scandal", it seems like it may be a legitimate defense. I assume he was familiar with this guy since people on his college team knew him, but I don't know if it was 1st or 2nd hand. I read there was a discrepancy on payment to Bosch, which is probably Bosch thinking his info was valuable for the defense and the lawyers disagreeing. Also, I read that Braun's attorney's name showed up on the list with Braun, which would indicate it was for his defense. Last, I think I read the timing of Braun's name showing up on the list coincides with his defense, but I can't remember where I read that.

Last edited by NewToCA; 02-11-2013 at 07:59 AM.. Reason: source post was a copyright violation

Old 02-08-2013, 05:25 PM

8,163 posts, read 13,183,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
If you only knew how many of us (Yankee fans) there are. We are all looking for a reason to get rid of him. He is NOT a team player, he just cares about personal stats. I hate players like this.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:35 PM

7,835 posts, read 19,570,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Circumstantial evidence does not hold up in court, also there is nothing illegal about having your name written in a book. Ask any attorney until someone spills the beans MLB has nothing on any of the players listed. None of this would ever hold up in any court.

That being said, he is still innocent until proven guilty, this is America after all. However Al Capone was never convicted of murder but I am willing to bet all the dead bodies that showed up next to him, he might have had something to do with. Ryan Braun is my favorite player because he is Jewish, went to The U and plays great for my favorite MLB team and on top of it gave them a hometown discount to stay in Milwaukee which no player does anymore. I can no longer say 100% he did not take PED's even if it was testosterone which anyone can buy at a store legally, and I cannot say he did 100% take PED's. The truth is in the middle. I will always wonder if he is on something and is trying to gain the system or if he actually is telling the truth for once. Either way Ryan kinda ruined it for me, I am 60/40 on the whole thing of guilty or not. The problem with people who cry wolf then run into the forest is that when somebody is actually crying wolf you don't know whether to believe them. I hope some day we find out for absolute 100% sure the whole story but chances are we won't.

Ryan Braun sure is making it tough for us Brewers fans to defend him. I still don't know one way or the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball