U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 09:27 AM

13,784 posts, read 23,803,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
so far I've seen the NYY @ Phillies, Red Sox @ Pirates, Phillies @ Pirates.....beautiful stadiums (Phillies up in Clearwater and Pirates' in Bradenton). Also went to the Rays' camp down in Port Charlotte (my team). Beautiful facility there, too.

Tomorrow: Rays @ Pirates in Bradenton. Nice weather expected. Last game of Spring Training for me. Then I'll catch about 5-10 Rays' at The Trop during the season. I'm interested to see the Angels and Blue Jays when they're in town - both with strong teams. I usually see the Bosox, NYY, and Texas along w/ the Royals when they come to town.
Phillies facility is really nice, especially in comparison to their old place at Jack Russell Stadium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 10:03 AM

Ryan Raburn having his typical great spring training, this time for the Indians. Based on his performance so far, past hitting performance in the majors, plus his ability to adequately play many positions in the field, I think he'll end up making the club.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:59 AM
YAZ YAZ started this thread

7,075 posts, read 11,840,791 times
Wow.

Salt River Fields is outstanding.

Next up:

The Cubbies @ Hohokam in Mesa!

Old 03-11-2013, 04:40 PM

233 posts, read 209,214 times
Made it out to Goodyear Park for the first time on Saturday. I really enjoyed this park. It's a hidden gem, but a long drive from the east valley.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:50 PM

110 posts, read 182,428 times
Did you guys hear about that stupid Hooter's Girl? She's not even attractive.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:50 AM

Scott Kazmir looks like he'll win the 5th spot in Cleveland's rotation this year.

Rotation looks like Justin Masterson, Ubaldo Jimenez, Brett Myers, Zach McAllister and Kazmir, with Trevor Bauer, Carlos Carrasco and Scott Barnes waiting for a call up from AAA.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:46 PM

18,677 posts, read 17,060,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Wow.

Salt River Fields is outstanding.

Next up:

The Cubbies @ Hohokam in Mesa!

Going to both Scottsdale Parks in 2 weeks. Day games. Should I make sure to show up full, or do they offer good concession stands (i.e. better than say, lower level minors, at least on par with AAA quality)?

Old 03-14-2013, 03:48 PM

233 posts, read 209,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Going to both Scottsdale Parks in 2 weeks. Day games. Should I make sure to show up full, or do they offer good concession stands (i.e. better than say, lower level minors, at least on par with AAA quality)?
Look under "concessions" for a list of what they have at Salt River Fields. I really enjoy that park and there's a little bit of everything when it comes to food selection. It's been a few years since I've been to Scottsdale Stadium, so I can't speak for that. Just expect to pay a lot when it comes to tickets and concessions there.

Salt River Fields: Baseball Spring Training in Arizona for Diamondbacks & Rockies

Old 03-14-2013, 03:52 PM

9,028 posts, read 16,424,156 times
I'd say the selection is pretty good ... with scottsdale stadium I may be more inclined to limit money spent in the stadium and use it in the area around the stadium before/after the game

Old 03-14-2013, 05:04 PM

18,677 posts, read 17,060,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAZ View Post
Look under "concessions" for a list of what they have at Salt River Fields. I really enjoy that park and there's a little bit of everything when it comes to food selection. It's been a few years since I've been to Scottsdale Stadium, so I can't speak for that. Just expect to pay a lot when it comes to tickets and concessions there.

Salt River Fields: Baseball Spring Training in Arizona for Diamondbacks & Rockies
I bought my tickets already via StubHub, paid about what I expected to, as prices on all sports have risen sharply over the years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball