Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 10:54 PM

251 posts, read 435,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild100s View Post
The majority of clubhouses stopped giving players tobacco several years ago. Many teams have since stopped offering free beer because of the liability issues. The Yankees stopped giving players beer on charter flights back to New York. In addition, teams have replaced junk food in the clubhouse in favor of more healthy options.

Big league teams, when heading on road trips, requests the clubhouse managers remove all of the junk food out of the visiting clubhouse. Now, guys still do bring their own food to the park and drink away from the diamond. However, how the clubhouse is setup in terms of food has dramatically changed.

Every team has Red Bull and coffee available 24/7. Every team has buckets of candy in their dugouts. I've read interviews with my own favorite players (with $100+ mil contracts) saying they eat cookies and crackers throughout the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 11:19 PM

607 posts, read 1,389,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Dux View Post
This is just another reason on my list why I dislike baseball. Anyone else agree or feel the same way about this sport?
How about it's just plain boring? Give me football any day of the week over baseball.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:18 PM

462 posts, read 424,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel88 View Post
Every team has Red Bull and coffee available 24/7. Every team has buckets of candy in their dugouts. I've read interviews with my own favorite players (with $100+ mil contracts) saying they eat cookies and crackers throughout the game.
Yes, teams still do have Red Bull and coffee available for the players and coaches. Somebody alert Michelle Obama that the guys in the 'pen eat cookies during the game! Can you confirm drinking Red Bull, coffee and eating cookies hurt their performance on the field?

Old 03-17-2013, 07:13 PM
rfp

333 posts, read 687,104 times
You really hate the Administration, don't you?

Old 03-17-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfp View Post
You really hate the Administration, don't you?

Old 03-18-2013, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild100s View Post
Yes, teams still do have Red Bull and coffee available for the players and coaches. Somebody alert Michelle Obama that the guys in the 'pen eat cookies during the game! Can you confirm drinking Red Bull, coffee and eating cookies hurt their performance on the field?
Nobody with a caffeine addiction is running at his maximum concentration level. Nobody. The side effects of being groggy when needing it and jittery when on it don't help any athlete in any way. Anyone who "needs" caffeine to function is depriving themselves of quality sleep at night. Even if they're getting 8 hours in, it's not 8 hours of deep sleep. This affects everything from the next day's energy levels to recovery time from workouts to recovery time from injuries. That doesn't even factor in the extra (and empty) calories from the rest of the drink. Sugars and white flour in cookies and crackers do not help the human body in any way. The extra (and empty) calories only add extra stress to the body. This not only adds unwanted fat but also extra stress to the body during downtime which again, slows down the recovery process. Same goes for Gator-Ade, Power-Ade, and , of course, any form of alcohol.

Players can, and will, continue to eat and drink whatever they want. Making a team full of millionaires quit caffeine and high fructose corn syrup would be nearly impossible. Any team that could though would absolutely, positively be better off for it.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel88 View Post
Nobody with a caffeine addiction is running at his maximum concentration level. Nobody. The side effects of being groggy when needing it and jittery when on it don't help any athlete in any way. Anyone who "needs" caffeine to function is depriving themselves of quality sleep at night. Even if they're getting 8 hours in, it's not 8 hours of deep sleep. This affects everything from the next day's energy levels to recovery time from workouts to recovery time from injuries. That doesn't even factor in the extra (and empty) calories from the rest of the drink. Sugars and white flour in cookies and crackers do not help the human body in any way. The extra (and empty) calories only add extra stress to the body. This not only adds unwanted fat but also extra stress to the body during downtime which again, slows down the recovery process. Same goes for Gator-Ade, Power-Ade, and , of course, any form of alcohol.

Players can, and will, continue to eat and drink whatever they want. Making a team full of millionaires quit caffeine and high fructose corn syrup would be nearly impossible. Any team that could though would absolutely, positively be better off for it.
I just what to know why does this concern you so much?

Old 03-18-2013, 10:48 PM

Because I pay a lot of money to see MLB players on the field. It would be nice if they treated their bodies like they actually wanted to stay off the DL.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:57 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,646,634 times
I hate baseball because they wear nice white uniforms and then play in the dirt.

One slides into second base and they all copy.

COPY CATS!

I hate baseball.

(Why are people so concerned with people's preferences? Go to any sporting event and watch spitting, shaking sweat off your head into other athletes/fans, snot rockets, etc...)

Old 03-19-2013, 08:40 PM

23,769 posts, read 28,884,581 times
I hate baseball because they don't run around the bases clockwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball