U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2015, 12:03 AM

6,547 posts, read 4,497,941 times

Advertisements

Jays 12 @ Rangers 4.

Missed most of this as about the only part of the game I heard was Encarnacion's grand slam in the 5th or 6th which blew the game open. Troutdude can fill in the rest of what happened.

Thursday concludes the series & season series: Marco Estrada for the Jays vs. Yovani Gallardo for the Rangers. Going in I figured 5-3 (sweep the Phillies & then split the next 6 in Anaheim & Texas) would be about what I would ask for, and would probably expect with how they were playing relative to how the Angels & Rangers were playing, so the fact that they are 6-1 going into the 8th game, whatever happens this game is gravy. I wouldn't be mad at all if Gibbons punted this game on getaway day and gave some regulars the day off. The Astros won 2 of 3 in New York, so they'll still be in first regardless of what happens here and now their going back to Toronto to start a 9 or 10 game homestand where they can put some distance between themselves & the Yankees. Rangers stay at home to play the Orioles over the weekend, while the Jays head home to take on the Tigers. Know when things are going right for you?? They already missed Hamels here in Texas (he starts Friday against Baltimore) though with him being a lefty and in that park it may not end up being a good thing, they'll miss Verlander in the upcoming Tigers series (he pitched Wednesday) and for the Cleveland series the following week they are only scheduled to face out of that underrated Indians staff Danny Salazar, as it looks like Corey Kluber is going Sunday and Carlos Carrassco (who shut down the Yankees in 2 games) is on the DL. When you're 22-4 in your last 26 games those are the scheduling breaks you get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 08:24 AM

25,854 posts, read 13,436,135 times
The Jayggernaut keeps rolling. Texas pitching helped a lot yesterday, issuing 11 walks. That set the table for boppers Encarnacion (a slam), Pillar and Smoak. That was EE's 2nd slam this season, both against the Rangers. They'll be glad to see him leaving town.

Jays fans have been waiting all season for Encarnacion to go on a tear. He picked a good time. Yesterday's homer extended his hit streak to 21, tying the longest streak in the AL this year. He'll get a chance to extend it this afternoon.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:05 AM

Default 71-56

Jays 1 @ Rangers 4

Yovani Gallardo won his 100th game and beat Toronto for the 2nd time this season. Double E extended his MLB season-leading hit streak to 22 games.

The Jays end up with a 6-2 road trip and no complaints from this corner. Now it's back home for 9, starting with 3 against the Tigers tonight.

Old 08-28-2015, 12:20 PM

368 posts, read 301,352 times
The Blue Jays had plenty of opportunities yesterday, but just could not take advantage of them. Tulowitzki GDP with the bases loaded really hurt. It was too bad too because Estrada pitched great as he had for much of the seaosn.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:05 AM

Default 72-56

Tigers 3 @ Jays 5

Bautista, Tulowitzki and Donaldson all went deep to offset a pair of dingers from Detroit and make a winner of RA Dickey. The win put the Jays 19-5 in August and delighted a sold-out crowd of 46,000+.

Edwin doubled to extend his career-best and MLB season-leading consecutive game hit streak to 23.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:48 PM

21 posts, read 14,722 times
I remember back in the early 90s when they were hot and won the world series twice. Those were good times. Probably the only positive memories I have of my high school years.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:16 AM

Default 73-56

Tigers 1 @ Jays 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridefulCanadian View Post
I remember back in the early 90s when they were hot and won the world series twice. Those were good times. Probably the only positive memories I have of my high school years.
Well, they making noise in the AL East and hopefully, will making more happy memories for kids (and adults) in a few weeks.

Edward Encarnacion extended his hit streak to 24 games in MONSTROUS fashion, clubbing 3 homers and driving in 9 as Toronto dismantled Detroit. Drew Hutchison was the Good Drew and won his 13th. Ben Revere continued his torrid pace with 4 hits and Ryan Goins chipped in 3.

Mark Buehrle will try for the sweep this afternoon.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:28 AM

Default 74-56

Tigers 2 @ Jays 9

Four more home runs + good pitching + good defense = another big win for the Jays and a sweep of the Tigers.

Edwin went deep again, extending his hitting streak to 25. He now has 35 RBIs for the month. MVP Donaldson crushed one as well, followed by Pillar and Martin.

Toronto matched its most wins in a month, with 21, and has a chance to break it tonight when Cleveland comes to town.

It's been a fun ride. Hope it lasts another few weeks.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:05 PM

368 posts, read 301,352 times
I was at the game on Saturday and it was pretty special. I had a gut feeling that Edwin would hit a grand slam and he did. Hutchison and Buehrle were pretty good on the weekend.

I don't see this run ending against the Indians.

Old 08-31-2015, 03:05 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,274,977 times
Buck Martinez is really having to dig deep into his bag of superlatives, to describe the games, isn't he ?

One quibble with him.....after so many years of calling the Jays games, why can't he pronounce Toronto properly ? I mean really..........it's not that hard to say correctly

. And why is that guy Greg Zaunn trying to look like Grapes ? His suits are terrible.

My favourite bleacher sign lately.......We may never loose again.

JiM b.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or