U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2015, 08:57 PM

5,879 posts, read 2,383,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I agree. Texas is worthy of being two up.

But Carapazza called a bush league game.
I have to agree with your assessment of "C's" calling of the game...It was actually shown constantly that he got far too many calls wrong..and it was no wonder batter's complained..Then he over-corrected and made further errors SMH!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 09:22 PM

5,879 posts, read 2,383,457 times
Jays won..5-1 onto game 4...

It's actually funny..Jays win away and not at home....???? Hum?

Old 10-11-2015, 11:56 PM

14,583 posts, read 22,426,770 times
Tulo.

Drops mike, walks off stage...

You're welcome!

Old 10-12-2015, 07:04 AM

758 posts, read 807,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Jays won..5-1 onto game 4...

It's actually funny..Jays win away and not at home....???? Hum?
I reckon being on home soil makes them extra nervous. The more supportive we are the more they are afraid to loose in front of the home crowd. Double the pressure. I wish there were a way to make them know that we are all super supportive without making them nervous.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:11 AM

5-0!!! What a recovery!!! Looks like they've finally found the groove and got the mojo back. Game 4 shouldn't be a problem for the Jays. It should be smooth sailing from now on if they manage to win game 4 in the same convincing manner, which I believe they will.

I think in a way the hot weather in Texas helps a bit physically compared to the relatively chilly one during the first two games. So much to the Taylor Swift jinx. Who started that nonsense anyway?

Go Jays Go!!!

Last edited by R. Crusoe; 10-12-2015 at 07:31 AM..

Old 10-12-2015, 09:13 AM

25,838 posts, read 13,426,503 times
Still uphill but not as far.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:33 PM

Okay. It was a bit weird but it's a W. They did what they had to do.

Back to TO all square and looking forward to a rematch of Stroman/Hamels on Wednesday.

Old 10-12-2015, 10:01 PM

4,969 posts, read 7,320,559 times
Cool to see, especially since it's against a team that used to be owned by Dubya. But serious question, if MLB, forces the roof to be closed for game 5, like they did for 1 and 2 when by all reports, the weather did not merit it, can the Blue Jays do something else besides protest to get it overturned? Legal action against MLB? You can't really protest it since it's not a rule application. But it does give a little justification at least, to those that think that MLB has a slight fix for the Rangers and is crossing digits that the Jays don't make the W.S. While the ratings would be through the roof in Canada, the States ratings would take a huge hit.

Old 10-12-2015, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Cool to see, especially since it's against a team that used to be owned by Dubya. But serious question, if MLB, forces the roof to be closed for game 5, like they did for 1 and 2 when by all reports, the weather did not merit it, can the Blue Jays do something else besides protest to get it overturned? Legal action against MLB? You can't really protest it since it's not a rule application. But it does give a little justification at least, to those that think that MLB has a slight fix for the Rangers and is crossing digits that the Jays don't make the W.S. While the ratings would be through the roof in Canada, the States ratings would take a huge hit.
I don't think I can comment intelligently on the roof open/closed issue. I'd always assumed the team used weather as its determinant. I don't believe it's an issue for the Jays, one way or the other.

And I hope you're wrong about the ratings issue. I think the Jays' high-powered offense has captured the attention of a lot of American fans. And AA's acquisitions from Donaldson and Martin to Price, Revere and Hawkins have added some star power - at least 'til this season's end.

There's a lot to like about this team. They've overcome a lot of adversity and I believe they have something special going on.

I hope I can still say that on Thursday.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:45 AM

8-4 win was impressive indeed. Jays will be back on home soil on Weds to close the deal. Judging by the momentum and level of confidence, it shouldn't be any problem there. No doubt the Rangers will put up a good fight, but our boys in blue will prevail for sure.

30% chance of scatter shower on Weds, so the dome will most likely be close. Shouldn't make any difference, I think.

Let's Go Jays!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or