U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2015, 12:57 PM

41,101 posts, read 18,595,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Just my opinion, but I really like listening to the duo of Kuiper & Krukow, however it gets knocked down a notch when Jon Miller fills in on the TV for one of those 2. With that said, nobody compares to Mr. Vin Scully.
Kruk & Kuip got off to a rought start when they first began in the late '80's, Kuiper was unassertive and Krukow was still too much of a Giant, and a pitcher, to avoid personal involvement. There were times when trouble erupted on the field when I thought Krukow would leave the booth and rush down to the field to get in some licks against the opposition. They both improved greatly over the years, established a good working relationship, established their own specific tone, and now I think of them as baseball friends. They try to have fun with their telecast regardless of how the game is going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 02:09 PM

6,550 posts, read 4,499,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Kruk & Kuip got off to a rought start when they first began in the late '80's, Kuiper was unassertive and Krukow was still too much of a Giant, and a pitcher, to avoid personal involvement. There were times when trouble erupted on the field when I thought Krukow would leave the booth and rush down to the field to get in some licks against the opposition. They both improved greatly over the years, established a good working relationship, established their own specific tone, and now I think of them as baseball friends. They try to have fun with their telecast regardless of how the game is going.
I think that reason right there is the reason I like listening to them. Compared to Hawk Harrellson & Steve Stone on White Sox broadcasts who sound like they are broadcasting a funeral service when the White Sox are losing, the Giants could be up 20 runs or down 20 runs, and you wouldn't know it from Kuip & Kruk.

Old 09-01-2015, 03:51 PM

11,102 posts, read 12,488,322 times
Well as a lifelong Dodgers fan, I sure didn't want to listen to the Giants announcers especially when they were making snide remarks and insulting Dodgers fans.

I finally hit MUTE and just enjoyed watching.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:53 PM

41,101 posts, read 18,595,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Well as a lifelong Dodgers fan, I sure didn't want to listen to the Giants announcers especially when they were making snide remarks and insulting Dodgers fans.

What did you hear which you interpreted as them insulting Dodger fans? They are both low key, easy going on the air personalities and I cannot recall them insulting the fans of another team. They do light hearted joshing, but neither seems to have any ax to grind about the opposition or its fans.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:48 AM

2,221 posts, read 3,090,480 times
Quote:

No Vinny No care

Old 09-16-2015, 09:48 AM

Loosing to the Rockies after 16 innings? That's like loosing to a little league team.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:53 AM

2,015 posts, read 2,015,346 times
Corey Seager is in my opinion now the starting shortstop for the Los Angeles Dodgers. He will not see any more time in the minors unless it is a rehap assignment.

With his play since being called up, he has proven to be ready for the big leagues, and I will go one step further, not only will he be a superstar, he will be the west coast version of Derek Jeter.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:50 PM

6,550 posts, read 4,499,759 times
Quote:
Loosing to the Rockies after 16 innings? That's like loosing to a little league team.

So is Mat Latos now the mop up/long reliever?? What an awful trade!

Also, I LOVE MLB.TV. I watch all 15 innings, and 5.5 hours, and was 3:30 AM here in Connecticut, and in the top of the 16 At Bat crashes and I miss Arenado's home run

Old 09-16-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Corey Seager is in my opinion now the starting shortstop for the Los Angeles Dodgers. He will not see any more time in the minors unless it is a rehap assignment.

With his play since being called up, he has proven to be ready for the big leagues, and I will go one step further, not only will he be a superstar, he will be the west coast version of Derek Jeter.
I agree. The kid has talent. Hopefully he won't be another Puig and burn out.

Old 09-20-2015, 12:00 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,154,031 times
Quote:
I agree. The kid has talent. Hopefully he won't be another Puig and burn out.
When you compare our baseball season to Cuba's baseball season - which is much shorter - you may think that YP has burned out, but I look at it another way.

YP has had to deal with 3 hamstring injuries this year, opposing pitchers have adjusted well to him, and the camaraderie that he once experienced in the dugout has been missing since Ryu has been out all year and Uribe was traded.

Thanks, no doubt, to Mac YP was hitting .310 over his last 10 games, so I think that he will be a valuable asset when he returns. Like many other fans, I cringe when he misses the cutoff man or slides head first into second, but he's only 24 and has time to improve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball