U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-13-2017, 03:24 PM
 
Location: Southern California
141 posts, read 93,802 times
Reputation: 89

Advertisements

Was really impressed on how the Dodgers suddenly built a nice 7.5 lead in the best division in MLB and finished at the All Star break with the best record. Like how they're playing, like they can win any game on any given day. Like to see them play like this during postseason who knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-13-2017, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Western Colorado
11,113 posts, read 12,508,242 times
Reputation: 26254
And there's the rub. Play this way in the post season. WIN the World Series. I have noticed they actually seem to be having fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2017, 05:51 PM
 
Location: Southern California
141 posts, read 93,802 times
Reputation: 89
After winning the last 4 divisional titles you would think they would be pressing but to the contrary they do look like there having fun, a good sign. Bellinger has been an unexpected pleasant addition, with his contributions. If the Dodgers continue with their excellent pitching (lead the NL in ERA) and timely hitting, especially in post season, this could be their year. We shall see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2017, 07:24 PM
 
3,576 posts, read 1,241,471 times
Reputation: 3732
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJohnnyGo View Post
timely hitting, especially in post season
This is one of the biggest keys, of course.
And the best, maybe the only, way to maximize this is to be a good hitting team.
The Dodgers appear to be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2017, 08:50 PM
 
Location: Southern California
141 posts, read 93,802 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
This is one of the biggest keys, of course.
And the best, maybe the only, way to maximize this is to be a good hitting team.
The Dodgers appear to be
Although there was a time that Kershaw struggled in postseason, the Dodgers always seem to have a good pitching staff, they just need some good hitting/offense to go deep in postseason. They're hitting right now and that needs to carryover into the playoffs. With Bellinger emerging as a star, that will take alot of pressure off the other hitters and provide a loose and fun environment. Liking what I see so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2017, 12:56 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
72,123 posts, read 83,802,658 times
Reputation: 41889
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
And there's the rub. Play this way in the post season. WIN the World Series. I have noticed they actually seem to be having fun.
this is exactly what hubby and I were talking about the other morning, I think yesterday. It means nothing if they can not win or at least go to the World Series, but this year appears to be their year. I am sure they are having fun and so are their fans. Each morning one of the first things we do is check and see if they won. Living so far east we rarely get to see them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2017, 03:16 PM
 
Location: California
2,016 posts, read 2,018,129 times
Reputation: 1776
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
this is exactly what hubby and I were talking about the other morning, I think yesterday. It means nothing if they can not win or at least go to the World Series, but this year appears to be their year. I am sure they are having fun and so are their fans. Each morning one of the first things we do is check and see if they won. Living so far east we rarely get to see them.
Nita, you might get to see them more than I can and I live in Santa Barbara County. Because I have no way of getting Spectrum TV. Even the nationally televised games on the MLB network are blacked out, they show another game instead. The only games I get to see are the ones on ESPN or when they play the Angels because we still get the Angels games.

My son lives in Virginia, and he literally can see more Dodger games than I can on TV. But the dang Yankees are on TV every day here it seems like. There is something very wrong with this picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2017, 05:41 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
72,123 posts, read 83,802,658 times
Reputation: 41889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Nita, you might get to see them more than I can and I live in Santa Barbara County. Because I have no way of getting Spectrum TV. Even the nationally televised games on the MLB network are blacked out, they show another game instead. The only games I get to see are the ones on ESPN or when they play the Angels because we still get the Angels games.

My son lives in Virginia, and he literally can see more Dodger games than I can on TV. But the dang Yankees are on TV every day here it seems like. There is something very wrong with this picture.
who knows, that could be but because of the time change, even when they are on, often it is almost bedtime here and you can listen to them. I remember, living in Marin County, back in the late 60s. We could actually pick them up on our car radio. It was amazing how much use that radio got in those days. Sometimes we could even get them faintly in the house. It was HELL being a Dodger fan and living in the bay area. Maybe that was why we decided to move back to Los Angeles? Well, I don't think that was the whole reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2017, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Southern California
141 posts, read 93,802 times
Reputation: 89
It was very unlike Jansen allowing that 3 run homer in the ninth. Glad to see the Dodgers overcome and maintain that double digit lead in the West during the dog days of summer despite losing two vs Atlanta. The utilization of prudence is a must in regards to Kershaw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2017, 06:00 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
72,123 posts, read 83,802,658 times
Reputation: 41889
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJohnnyGo View Post
It was very unlike Jansen allowing that 3 run homer in the ninth. Glad to see the Dodgers overcome and maintain that double digit lead in the West during the dog days of summer despite losing two vs Atlanta. The utilization of prudence is a must in regards to Kershaw.
Lets just hope Kershaw's back injury isn't anything serious. Has anyone heard anything? Of course all we got was a brief message at the bottom of the screen while hubby was watching St Louis play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top