U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2017, 07:18 AM

1,404 posts, read 2,151,929 times

Advertisements

CK (and McCarthy - blister) going on the 10-day DL. Team has been looking at acquiring a starter, but there are only 7 1/2 days left before the deadline. They will definitely be held up by the other teams (namely, Texas). I would not like to see them trade away the future, but for many fans, it's all in this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 08:23 AM

141 posts, read 93,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Lets just hope Kershaw's back injury isn't anything serious. Has anyone heard anything? Of course all we got was a brief message at the bottom of the screen while hubby was watching St Louis play.
Well the initial report was "tightness in his lower back" and due to his recent history with back issues, last year he missed 10 weeks, the Dodgers are being very cautious. With a nice lead in the standings the Dodgers have the luxury to take their time in evaluating the extent of the issue.

Old 07-24-2017, 11:38 AM

Update on CK: The initial prognosis on Kershaw is that he’ll be sidelined for the next four to six weeks, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. He still is set to receive another opinion before a final determination is made.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:12 PM

141 posts, read 93,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
Update on CK: The initial prognosis on Kershaw is that he’ll be sidelined for the next four to six weeks, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. He still is set to receive another opinion before a final determination is made.
This could be beneficial in other ways, he's been a workhorse leading the NL in innings pitched. It will be interesting who they go after to fill the void.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJohnnyGo View Post
This could be beneficial in other ways, he's been a workhorse leading the NL in innings pitched. It will be interesting who they go after to fill the void.
Exactly. A blessing in disguise, provided that the team continues to win. CK will be well-rested when he returns in September.

It would be great to have a starter who would slot in behind CK, but the price would be outrageous: maybe two of our four top prospects plus two from a lower level. I would be content if they just shored up the bullpen with somebody like Reed, even though he's a righty, or Wilson. This FO can be relied upon to make the best moves for the team, but I'll feel better after the deadline when I know who we have going into the playoffs.

Also, Forsythe has been mentioned in trades, so a lot can happen by this Saturday afternoon.

Old 07-24-2017, 05:57 PM

CK update: Latest reports say that he will only miss two starts while on the 10-day DL. Hope they're right. Less pressure on the FO to mortgage the future. Ken Rosenthal sticking to the 4-6 weeks time period. The team will have a report following CKs examination on Tuesday.

Last edited by JustPassinThru; 07-24-2017 at 06:27 PM..

Old 07-25-2017, 06:05 AM

71,964 posts, read 83,625,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJohnnyGo View Post
Well the initial report was "tightness in his lower back" and due to his recent history with back issues, last year he missed 10 weeks, the Dodgers are being very cautious. With a nice lead in the standings the Dodgers have the luxury to take their time in evaluating the extent of the issue.
thanks I am hoping that is all that is causing the problem. I have confidence also in the tea, that they can still go all the way, even if he is out for a few weeks or a month maybe. He isn't their only pitcher. thanks again for the update.

Old 07-25-2017, 12:31 PM

2,011 posts, read 2,012,821 times
There has been a lot of talk on the networks about the Dodgers making a trade for another pitcher, maybe a Yu Darvish or Verlander. My thinking is that still doesn't guarantee a World Series, it only helps to a possible W.S. Would we want to give up the likes of a Alex Verdugo or Walker Buehler?

I am not willing to make those kind of trades. I am all in on our scouting and farm systems, so much so that we can just pull from within our organization, and if that is not enough, we still have our young talented prospects.

Just a few years ago the names of Seager and Bellinger were being thrown around for possible trades. I am sure most Dodger fans are glad we didn't make those trades.

We will win a W.S. soon, and we will do it with our own players that we keep.

Just my opinion.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:43 AM

11,435 posts, read 6,404,811 times
The Dodgers could go .500 the rest of the season and still finish with 100+ wins. What the hell

Old 07-30-2017, 08:30 AM

71,964 posts, read 83,625,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
The Dodgers could go .500 the rest of the season and still finish with 100+ wins. What the hell
There just seems to be no stopping them and now it looks like Kershaw is about to return. I almost feel sorry for any team that they face. I thought for sure, yesterday the Giants would pull one out. We actually got the game on TV. That made our day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball