U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 11:21 AM

448 posts, read 422,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Dodgers pick up Curtis Granderson for basically nothing. I like this pick up.

1. Joc Pederson is batting 2-42. At this rate he won't be on the playoff roster.
2. If Agon stays up and continues to hit that means Cody plays LF, Taylor CF, Puig RF & and maybe Granderson platooning with Taylor or Puig depending on a match up.
3. Granderson has a high OPS vs Arrieta, Roark & Matt Scherzer. Small sample size but still a good sign since we probably play at least 2 of those pitchers.
4. Just a emergency back up. Never know if a guy gets hurt & you have a veteran leader to jump in there.
5. Granderson actually is doing really well if you take away April #'s. He's better option than Pederson any day of the week.
I agree. I really like this pick up. Sorry, but Joc's inability to perform well during this stretch seems more serious than just a player on a slump. I'm willing to speculate that we've seen Joc's best, and that was last year. All indications are that this level of play is going to carry into the playoffs and the Dodgers can't have a hole in the lineup like that, considering the fact that there are alternatives out there. Granderson gives Roberts some extra depth and ability to mix the lineup when needed. PLUS, with Utley, AGon, we have some veterans in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 07:49 PM

141 posts, read 93,780 times
Both Alex Wood and Cody Bellinger were placed on the disabled list today while Clayton Kershaw is slated to pitch a rehab game Saturday in OKC.

It's still very amazing to me how hot this team has stayed since June 7th., 53-10 .841

Updated: 54-10 .844 with tonight's 8-5 win vs. the Pirates

Last edited by GoJohnnyGo; 08-22-2017 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: to include tonight's win

Old 08-25-2017, 07:45 AM

72,114 posts, read 83,786,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJohnnyGo View Post
Both Alex Wood and Cody Bellinger were placed on the disabled list today while Clayton Kershaw is slated to pitch a rehab game Saturday in OKC.

It's still very amazing to me how hot this team has stayed since June 7th., 53-10 .841

Updated: 54-10 .844 with tonight's 8-5 win vs. the Pirates
pulled off another one last night after their heart breaking loss on Wednesday night. This weeks Sports Ill. has a feature article about our Dodgers. Hubby got his copy yesterday.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
pulled off another one last night after their heart breaking loss on Wednesday night. This weeks Sports Ill. has a feature article about our Dodgers. Hubby got his copy yesterday.
Would love to see Rich Hill flirt with a perfect game a time or two in postseason

Old 08-28-2017, 02:45 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,093,633 times
Quote:

I tried to get the SI with Turner & Puig. I guess they change the cover depending on where you live because it was not the same. All they had was the same articles inside but different cover Very sad

Old 09-05-2017, 12:17 AM

I think it safe to say that the Dodgers are in slump, losing their last 4 and being 1-9 in their last 10 games. In Monday nights game, the Diamondbacks clobbered the Dodgers 13-0 as JD Martinez homered 4 times.

As postseason looms with about a month left in the regular season, a slump in early September is obviously better than one in late October. Despite the Dodgers recent downward slide they still maintain a solid hold to the best record in baseball. Their focus for the remainder of the regular season is to be healthy, at full strength and ready for battle in the playoffs. Should be be interesting.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:05 AM

72,114 posts, read 83,786,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJohnnyGo View Post
I think it safe to say that the Dodgers are in slump, losing their last 4 and being 1-9 in their last 10 games. In Monday nights game, the Diamondbacks clobbered the Dodgers 13-0 as JD Martinez homered 4 times.

As postseason looms with about a month left in the regular season, a slump in early September is obviously better than one in late October. Despite the Dodgers recent downward slide they still maintain a solid hold to the best record in baseball. Their focus for the remainder of the regular season is to be healthy, at full strength and ready for battle in the playoffs. Should be be interesting.
there do still remain an almost untouchable lead and the Dbacks can't continue their pace but I am still a bit nervous. I wasn't until the last couple of days. I guess I remember 1966 I think it was, maybe 65 when the Giants actually started printing the world series tickets a week before the season ended. They had a 5 game lead on the Dodgers. Guess what? Our Dodgers pulled it out and won the National league. The good news is, as you said, better now than 3 weeks from now. let them get this out of their system. Then they should go on to the World Series.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
there do still remain an almost untouchable lead and the Dbacks can't continue their pace but I am still a bit nervous. I wasn't until the last couple of days. I guess I remember 1966 I think it was, maybe 65 when the Giants actually started printing the world series tickets a week before the season ended. They had a 5 game lead on the Dodgers. Guess what? Our Dodgers pulled it out and won the National league. The good news is, as you said, better now than 3 weeks from now. let them get this out of their system. Then they should go on to the World Series.
In all honesty I'm not totally shocked by this slump, in fact it would be more shocking if the Dodgers continued at the torrid pace until seasons end. Although its been a joy watching the Dodgers play at that pace, it was somewhat expected that sooner or later a slump would ensue. And that's exactly what has happened.

This in my opinion is a good thing, it keeps the Dodgers grounded and puts proper perspective that nothing will come easy, especially when the playoffs begin. That they will need to battle tooth and nail to earn a championship.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:56 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,514,897 times
How small does their lead have to become for panic to set in?

Old 09-05-2017, 09:17 AM

3,576 posts, read 1,240,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
How small does their lead have to become for panic to set in?
The DBacks can win 104 games if they don't lose again this season

The Dodgers have 92 wins - meaning if they'd just have to win 13 of their remaining 25 games (just over 50%) to beat the DBacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball