U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2017, 08:53 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,185,934 times

Advertisements

In the play-offs now, there is that.... heh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2017, 02:20 PM

141 posts, read 93,679 times
Hopefully the Dodgers play with heart and character the rest of the season and maintain home field, something they had a "lock" long ago.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:39 AM

448 posts, read 421,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Small success? They won 2 cups in 3 years, both more recently than the most recent Lakers title. Lakers have been trash for quite a few years now.
Well I'm speaking in a larger context. Two cups and three conference titles for a franchise that's been around since 1967 is small.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:25 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,511,430 times
It happens. The Steelers have been around since 1933 but didn't win a SB until 1974 (I don't think they won pre-SB championships, not sure though). Then they won 4 that decade. Another drought for 26 years after that. Yet they're widely regarded as one of the top franchises in the NFL.

People just don't give a damn about hockey. When the Kings won their first, I couldn't get my LA friends to give a damn about it. But they cared about meaningless regular season Dodger games.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:29 PM

I wasn't expecting a clobbering in game 1, but there it is. Turner, Puig and Seager go deep. That's 3 wins in a row. Up six, worse case now is a 4 game lead when they leave DC.

Although it will be tough, the Dodgers should go for the sweep and put an end to this two team race for home field nonsense to rest.

Alex Wood was outstanding.

Last edited by GoJohnnyGo; 09-15-2017 at 08:41 PM..

Old 09-15-2017, 10:04 PM

40,997 posts, read 18,578,670 times
The Dodgers have clinched a post season spot. They now have 95 wins and the most either the Brewers or Cardinals can win is 93. LA can do no worse than a wild card slot.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:09 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,088,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJohnnyGo View Post
I wasn't expecting a clobbering in game 1, but there it is. Turner, Puig and Seager go deep. That's 3 wins in a row. Up six, worse case now is a 4 game lead when they leave DC.

Although it will be tough, the Dodgers should go for the sweep and put an end to this two team race for home field nonsense to rest.

Alex Wood was outstanding.
I kept telling people who went on about sweeping that while a sweep was great we really just need to worry about winning at least 1 game.

Glad they took advantage of Edwin Jackson.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
I kept telling people who went on about sweeping that while a sweep was great we really just need to worry about winning at least 1 game.

Glad they took advantage of Edwin Jackson.
The important thing is that they finally put an end to the downward spiral and things have stabilized. Winning that first one in DC really puts them in a more comfortable position with home field at stake given what things looked like just a few days ago. At the minimum one win in DC was needed, but when you're playing well its ok to get a little greedy.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:58 AM

71,968 posts, read 83,656,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJohnnyGo View Post
The important thing is that they finally put an end to the downward spiral and things have stabilized. Winning that first one in DC really puts them in a more comfortable position with home field at stake given what things looked like just a few days ago. At the minimum one win in DC was needed, but when you're playing well its ok to get a little greedy.
My thoughts: it is just good to see the slide turn up instead of down. I wasn't worried but terribly depressed. so much so, I went t a couple of days not even checking to see if they won or lost. On Wednesday I knew it would be a good day, they had won and the doctor released my husband from what he calls prison. Now the Dodgers are on a roll and so is hubby

Old 09-16-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
My thoughts: it is just good to see the slide turn up instead of down. I wasn't worried but terribly depressed. so much so, I went t a couple of days not even checking to see if they won or lost. On Wednesday I knew it would be a good day, they had won and the doctor released my husband from what he calls prison. Now the Dodgers are on a roll and so is hubby
Glad the hubby is doing well. Indeed, these last few games have been way more enjoyable. Yesterday's game really demonstrated how dangerous this team can be with outstanding pitching and explosive hitting. This slump they just went through could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Keeps them humble and puts the players in the state of mind, that they still need to earn a championship. They have the talent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball