U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2017, 03:18 PM

141 posts, read 93,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
I understand, I guess I'm saying that locally there's got to be a lot of pressure to win it all. I'm a Baltimore fan, and when we do get to the playoffs, there's not that much pressure to win, because we know we're a playoff contender, not a world series contender, unlike LA.

Then again, when I watched an LA feed in an LA/Colorado game, it was pretty sad to hear the announcers saying "even if they don't win a playoff game, it's been a great season." It's like they're already bracing themselves for the inevitable. I'm not from LA, but I hope most people don't think like that there. I will say when I went to an LA@ARI game, there were a lot of Dodgers fans, but very little animosity in the crowd. Was a little awkward.
There's no question there is high pressure to come through with a World Series win, I just sense that the expectations aren't as high and that should be used as motivation because many are already writing off the Dodgers. In my opinion a much better place to be, than had there been a near 100% consensus that the Dodgers were a slam dunk to win it all, and that't not the case at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 04:49 PM

Two articles I just pulled, one has the Dbacks over the Dodgers in the NLDS.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...thursdays-alds

This one has the Indians over the Dodgers in the WS.

MLB Playoffs 2017: Round-by-Round Picks and Predictions | Bleacher Report

Let's do this!

Old 10-07-2017, 12:09 AM

Dodgers look playoff battle ready and are playing like they did during that amazing run during the regular season. Justin Turner was the Dodgers star tonight. Great game 1 win.

Old 10-07-2017, 07:26 AM

11,090 posts, read 12,473,002 times
Great game last night, a win and the Dodgers looked like they were really having fun, like they used to. Now sweep the DBacks and go on to win the World Series.

And amazing to see Tommy Lasorda and Sandy Koufax too!

Old 10-07-2017, 09:29 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,087,002 times
Offense did not disappoint last night except for a couple guys like Grandal & Granderson. Outside of leaving Puig on 3rd with no outs I had no complaints.

Bullpen stepped up huge. Morrow could be a huge difference maker from last year.

Kershaw? Well. I love em but just seems like he still can't pitch 7 innings in a playoff game. I'm not sure he should have gone out considering he was already over 90 pitches. I'm assuming the lead was a big reason for that but Roberts probably should have pulled him after the first home run in the 7th.

Old 10-07-2017, 11:03 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,533,960 times
Dodgers weather the shaky Rich Hill performance, and ride their offense for a Game 2 win. It's great to have a guy like Jansen to come in there and get a 5 out save in the postseason.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:15 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,087,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
Dodgers weather the shaky Rich Hill performance, and ride their offense for a Game 2 win. It's great to have a guy like Jansen to come in there and get a 5 out save in the postseason.
Morrow gave up that 3 run homer. His first home run since 2016 he's given up. Hopefully that's the last one we see for awhile. He's been a huge part of that bullpen this year.

Nice to see the Dodgers counter a lot when the D Backs score.

I also wonder how long you keep platooning Austin Barnes & Grandal. Barnes has speed, seems to be hitting more. Grandal I think has more power/pop & is a switch hitter but seems to be struggling at the plate with not much speed.

Old 10-09-2017, 05:14 AM

71,964 posts, read 83,640,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Offense did not disappoint last night except for a couple guys like Grandal & Granderson. Outside of leaving Puig on 3rd with no outs I had no complaints.

Bullpen stepped up huge. Morrow could be a huge difference maker from last year.

Kershaw? Well. I love em but just seems like he still can't pitch 7 innings in a playoff game. I'm not sure he should have gone out considering he was already over 90 pitches. I'm assuming the lead was a big reason for that but Roberts probably should have pulled him after the first home run in the 7th.
The important thing is: we won and we repeated. Now, let's hope tonight is the end for the Dbacks.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:37 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,698,961 times
Dodgers playing well. I expect a close out win tonight at Dodger Stadium-Southwest.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:48 PM

Sweep. Well done. Next: NLCS

Dodgers looking very dangerous. This was a very good Arizona Diamondbacks team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball