U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2017, 01:12 AM

11,642 posts, read 3,186,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
How 'bout that Vin Scully? What an honorable treat to see him on the mound reciting his trademark phrase, "It's time for Dodger Baseball!"

Wishing him many years of the good life.

: )
That was awesome. I left the the television on the channel for the game, and left to do an errand where I thought for certain I'd get back before the game started. I was running a few minutes late, and thought I would miss the first pitch...given when the first pitch was supposed to occur. I got back, and walked in to see Vin Scully on the mound...in time to introduce Valenzuela, and to hear him say "It's time for Dodger Baseball" .

I'm a Bay Area native who now lives in the Houston metro, but I lived in Orange County for years. Even though I was an Angels fan as a third favorite at the time (first two will always be the Giants and the A's), I still enjoyed listening to Dodger games with Vin Scully on local radio when I lived there in the Southland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Come on LA, us Houston guys need this.
The Game 2 watch party at Minute Maid must have been nuts .

Old 10-26-2017, 03:42 AM

23 posts, read 10,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latino_esq View Post
Troll.
wtf?Wow... you still donít get or are mad that soooo many if not most are praying and rooting for Houston....

Old 10-26-2017, 06:08 AM

2,214 posts, read 3,083,160 times
It was nice to see the Dodgers come back regardless of losing. They got to Brandon McCarthy so it's not like I was surprised that happened. If Baez had just been decent the last month of the season he would have been in there instead.

I think the part that hurts is we had Verlander beat & didn't get a W to show for it. Now we'll probably face him again in Game 6 & I'm not sure I see him making those same mistakes again.

Old 10-26-2017, 08:50 AM

11,079 posts, read 12,458,603 times
Great to see Vin Scully last night, I only wish the Dodgers could have won. Now time to sweep Houston at their home!

Old 10-26-2017, 09:48 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,183,480 times
Crazy last few innings. Entertaining stuff, bummer the Dodgers lost.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:38 AM

448 posts, read 421,262 times
At the end of the day, there is no question that Roberts pulled Hill a lot earlier than he should have. Roberts was operating under the assumption that the pen would continue their lights out dominance. It's great to have that kind of confidence in your team. But this strategy left our pen stretched thin at the end of the game. It's as if Roberts didn't even consider the small possibility that the Astros, and their dominant offence, could come back. A deadly assumption at the end of the game.

Heck, I would also say that he pulled out Maeda a lot earlier than he should have as well. I mean, Maeda was a starting pitcher for the Dodgers for the last two seasons. Yet it seems as though Roberts has made up his mind that he should pitch in relief for more than 5 or 6 batters. I don't understand this one bit. It's good that the analytics has gotten the Dodgers to where they are at but at some point I think you need to look at your ballplayers instead of looking at the paper.

On the other hand I'm hoping that this game gets the Dodger bats to step back and realize what kind of offense we need to get this title back in LA. By that I'm talking about that offense we saw against Chicago where they ran the opposing pitch count up and consistently put runners on base and put some real pressure on the pitching to make some mistakes. That is Dodger baseball.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:50 PM

71,920 posts, read 83,551,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
That was awesome. I left the the television on the channel for the game, and left to do an errand where I thought for certain I'd get back before the game started. I was running a few minutes late, and thought I would miss the first pitch...given when the first pitch was supposed to occur. I got back, and walked in to see Vin Scully on the mound...in time to introduce Valenzuela, and to hear him say "It's time for Dodger Baseball" .

I'm a Bay Area native who now lives in the Houston metro, but I lived in Orange County for years. Even though I was an Angels fan as r games with Vin Scully on local radio when I lived there in the Southland.
I think it almost goes without saying: he might have been the best and there have been a lot of good ones.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:57 PM

6,898 posts, read 3,826,037 times
Regardless of the loss it was a great and exciting game. I don't think anyone left before it was over.

Old 10-27-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
It was nice to see the Dodgers come back regardless of losing. They got to Brandon McCarthy so it's not like I was surprised that happened. If Baez had just been decent the last month of the season he would have been in there instead.

I think the part that hurts is we had Verlander beat & didn't get a W to show for it. Now we'll probably face him again in Game 6 & I'm not sure I see him making those same mistakes again.

A radio host here in the Houston metro just said the same thing a few minutes ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball