U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 01:14 PM

1,909 posts, read 1,888,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
It's BASEBALL season! Watching the Dodgers-DBacks game on MLB tonight from today. Great to see the Dodgers play, and hear Vin Scully again. And what is the Time Warner Cable Sports Net LA???? Another billion dollar tv thing out there?
Yea this TWC Sports Net LA sucks because my local cable carrier doesn't provide TWC channel. With the recent purchase of Time Warner Cable by Comcast I am hoping to be able to see the Dodgers this year. If Comcast doesn't get TWC soon, I will miss all of this season with the exception of games I see in person and nationally televised games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 11:06 AM

20,304 posts, read 37,784,136 times
Congratulations to Clayton Kershaw for throwing a superb no-hitter yesterday, quite a feat, 15ks, no walks.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:13 AM

435 posts, read 390,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Congratulations to Clayton Kershaw for throwing a superb no-hitter yesterday, quite a feat, 15ks, no walks.
That was truly a legendary day on the mound for him. His pitching was on point and the Rockies could never square a pitch up! Kershaw is, without a doubt, the best pitcher in baseball today and the Dodgers are lucky to have him as our ace

Old 06-19-2014, 11:28 AM

Looks like the Dodgers are starting to turn the page. 7 wins out of their last 10 games and the Giants have been 2 out of their last 10. Games coming up against the Reds, DBacks, Rockies, Padres. Will be very interesting to see how they perform against the Cardinals, Royals, Tigers before the break.

Uribe is commencing with playing at Rancho Cucamonga and we might see him before the break. Will be GREAT to see him back as he is a spark to our offense and has Gold Glove skills on defense.
Kemp may be turning the page as well. He's been pretty solid in his last seven starts. We don't need Kemp to be a homerun hitter. Just a hitter!
Great to see AJ Ellis in the full swing of things.

My only concern is our relievers. They have to maintain our leads better. Hopefully we can make a move or two and land some help before the deadline.

AS FOR TWC, I feel for my fellow Dodger fans. Fortunately, I'm one of the apparent few that already had TWC and I would be devastated to not be able to watch the team play. So I watch as much as possible. Hopefully, TWC can strike a deal with the other carriers after the break. In the meantime, I really hope those without TWC are complaining to their respective cable/dish providers and put some extra heat on them to make a deal.

Last edited by latino_esq; 06-19-2014 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: Editing

Old 06-19-2014, 01:01 PM

36,946 posts, read 17,425,944 times
Think of the difference in the mentalities of the Giants and Dodger clubhouses right now.

Back on June 8th, the Giants were 42-22 and had a 8.5 game lead over LA. Now just eleven days later, the Giants have won just once in that time and the lead is down to 4 games.

LA is rolling, they have won seven of their last ten and having developed an underdog mentality back when they were 8.5 games back, they now must feel like anything is possible and soon they will roar past SF. It will be a fun clubhouse with loose, happy players. In the Giants clubhouse it must be.. "What the hell is happening? Why can't we catch a break? Where did our big lead go? They will be taking the field with a "How will be blow it tonight?" attitude. Everyone will be tight, everyone will be pressing.

Old 06-20-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Think of the difference in the mentalities of the Giants and Dodger clubhouses right now.

Back on June 8th, the Giants were 42-22 and had a 8.5 game lead over LA. Now just eleven days later, the Giants have won just once in that time and the lead is down to 4 games.

LA is rolling, they have won seven of their last ten and having developed an underdog mentality back when they were 8.5 games back, they now must feel like anything is possible and soon they will roar past SF. It will be a fun clubhouse with loose, happy players. In the Giants clubhouse it must be.. "What the hell is happening? Why can't we catch a break? Where did our big lead go? They will be taking the field with a "How will be blow it tonight?" attitude. Everyone will be tight, everyone will be pressing.
The Dodgers are definitely playing more loose and I agree that a lot of this could be attributed to being behind in the standings. Hopefully they can continue their play with the mindset of an underdog. But I must disagree to your assessment of the Gnats. This team has won two titles since 2010 and are very used to the role of underdog. This is a long season and it's not even half way through yet. They've been to the rodeo and know what's at stake. They've had our so far this season long and unless the Dodgers show me that they can handle the Gnats, I wouldn't want to run into them in the playoffs.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post

I am eating everything I said earlier. It's shocking to see how far the Gnats are falling since this post.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:00 PM

36,946 posts, read 17,425,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latino_esq View Post
I am eating everything I said earlier. It's shocking to see how far the Gnats are falling since this post.
The Giants started the 2014 season depending upon their frontline players staying healthy because they didn't have much depth. There have been injuries and that lack of depth has been exposed.

Scuturo has just now been activated and will play for the first time tomorrow. Replacing him at second had been Brandon Hicks..599 OPS, and disappointed with him, the club called up Joe Panik, and he has been worse, a .556 OPS.

Belt got hurt and they first tried playing Morse at first, but that meant substituting Blanco for Morse in the outfield, so in a way it was like having Blanco playing first. Blanco has put up a .592 OPS. Then Pagan got hurt and Blanco had to return to the outfield, and they called up Adam Duvall to play first.....556 OPS so far.

Then to fill Pagan's spot while he mends, they called up Tyler Colvin who has posted a .691 OPS, respectable, but hardly a game changer at the plate.

The result has been that the Giants lineup features four spots where they have decent hitters, and four spots which are putting up replacement level numbers. And there is no one on the bench who represents an improvement over the replacement level guys.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:45 AM

Matheny chose his own pitcher Wainwright to start over Clayton Kershaw in the All Star game. I mean Kershaw has won two of the last 3 Cy Youngs, and has won the ERA title the last three years and yet he gets passed over once again.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:05 AM

After last nights game with Pittsburgh where again the bullpen walked in a run, the Dodgers need help with their middle relief pitching. We need somone to take the game into the hands of Kenley Jansen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball