U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 10:35 PM

2,226 posts, read 3,093,633 times

Advertisements

Whether the Dodgers advance on game 3 or game 4 is probably irrelevant. But I do worry about a game 5 back in LA. That likely means Kershaw pitches which would mean he doesn't start in game 1 or game 2 in the NLCS @ Brewers. I think that puts the Brewers at a better chance of winning the series. With Rich Hill pitching tomorrow he could technically still pitch game 2 in the NLCS. I think Buehler & RYU going at home makes more sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 01:04 AM

3,944 posts, read 7,537,442 times
Runners on first and second. Machado strikes out swinging, but ball gets away from catcher. Runners both advance. But why did Machado not take a single step toward first? If he had run, and the catcher (not a good defensive catcher) had thrown badly, perhaps the tying run would have scored. Or maybe the catcher would have held the ball, and Machado would have been on base. Or maybe he would have been thrown out, and he would have wasted a few of his precious steps trying to get on base, but at least he would have tried.

Old 10-08-2018, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
Runners on first and second. Machado strikes out swinging, but ball gets away from catcher. Runners both advance. But why did Machado not take a single step toward first? If he had run, and the catcher (not a good defensive catcher) had thrown badly, perhaps the tying run would have scored. Or maybe the catcher would have held the ball, and Machado would have been on base. Or maybe he would have been thrown out, and he would have wasted a few of his precious steps trying to get on base, but at least he would have tried.
1st base was occupied prior to the strike out so I don't believe he could run. Runners only ran because it was a dropped 3rd strike.

Regardless of that I'm starting to have more reasons why the Dodgers should not sign him in the off season.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:26 AM

3,944 posts, read 7,537,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
1st base was occupied prior to the strike out so I don't believe he could run. Runners only ran because it was a dropped 3rd strike.

Regardless of that I'm starting to have more reasons why the Dodgers should not sign him in the off season.

Hmm. I think you're right. I will look it up.

Yep. Even if the runner is going, first base is occupied - unless there are two outs.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:

Yep. Even if the runner is going, first base is occupied - unless there are two outs.

Yea I thought it was the same too until somebody mentione dit. In fact a lot of people thought that was the case. Honestly though. I have to wonder if it mattered to Machado. He's looked non hustle on a lot of hits.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:48 PM

6,551 posts, read 4,506,707 times
Quote:
I'm not sure how many outs there were, but you can only run with first occupied with 2 outs. But that's what you're going to get with Machado and that's why I want no part of my team (Nationals) signing him, luckily we don't need him. Great hitter?? Yes. Good defensively?? At 3rd yes, at SS this year not so much, but above average. Is he going to hustle?? Uhmm…..nope!

Old 10-09-2018, 08:30 AM

11,111 posts, read 12,504,838 times
Whew! Good game Dodgers! And the best part is we don't have to listen to that stupid Atlanta chop chant thing.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:18 AM

2,016 posts, read 2,017,714 times
Quote:

I noticed when we first got Machado that he doesn't run out grounders very hard, or even to stop a double play by running hard to first. I was talking about it with a coworker, I decided to see if someone Youtubed his lack of effort to running to first to show my coworker. And sure enough, he has been doing it since his days with the Orioles on Youtube.

I'll wouldn't care if they didn't resign him.

Old 10-09-2018, 11:26 AM

Does Harper run hard to first? Seemed like when he first came up he did. I was never a big fan of Harper but you're going to get the cockiness from both Harper & Machado so you might as well go for the one who plays hard all the time.

Old 10-12-2018, 11:30 PM

Despite the loss tonight I feel pretty good going into tomorrow. The one frustrating thing is seeing Kershaw yet again fail to get the job done in the post season. I really thought that seeing him go down in velocity maybe he's got a different way to pitch and things would be different.

But think about this. Grandal probably had the worst game of his career. That can't happen again (i mean really?). Yet the Dodgers almost win the game.

Turner got a bad 3rd call strike on him in the 8th but at least they got within 2 runs there.

The way the team almost came back has to make you feel good about tomorrow.

But even more so having the Dodgers hitters see Josh Hadder that much I think favors them a little more going into this series which will probably be at least 6 games.

Dodgers also saw that they could get to the bullpen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball