U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2018, 09:45 AM

11,093 posts, read 12,481,863 times

Advertisements

I read in an interview Machado said he don't hustle, just not him. Maybe he should be sat down the rest of the series. I did notice in the FS1 slanted rooting for the Brewers show, the Brewers were laughing dancing around having fun. Dodgers wandering and not really paying attention. Machado yawning. Stop trying for the headline grabbing home run. Hit a ground ball against the shift. Basics. It wouldn't bother me at all to see Machado, Puig and Grandal gone next year.

I've been a Dodgers fan since 1962, but the attitudes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 10:01 AM

71,983 posts, read 83,671,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I read in an interview Machado said he don't hustle, just not him. Maybe he should be sat down the rest of the series. I did notice in the FS1 slanted rooting for the Brewers show, the Brewers were laughing dancing around having fun. Dodgers wandering and not really paying attention. Machado yawning. Stop trying for the headline grabbing home run. Hit a ground ball against the shift. Basics. It wouldn't bother me at all to see Machado, Puig and Grandal gone next year.

our paper this am said he isn't liked by anyone on the team: goodbye loser is all I can say. I am so disappointed but today is another day. Dinner will be very easy so I can watch the game. I do see Puig as staying with the team and really do like him: more than i did a few years ago. He seems to have grown up a bit Dodger fan since 1958 the year I got married and the year they moved to L.A which is where we started our married life. Actually as a kid and living in L.A where we only had AAA I sorta liked the Dodgers but don't ask me why and it wasn't lady like to be a girl and a sports fan in those days. I was the exception. I was a bigger sports ran than most of my boyfriends. Then I met my husband and it was love almost at first site. I could talk sports and not seem like freak and he has always said I was the only girl he knew that loved to cook and loved sports both

Old 10-17-2018, 10:41 AM

3,939 posts, read 7,527,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Almost getting picked off in the 13th inning too...

Regardless of what he does the rest of the series I hope the Dodgers have seen enough to know he's not worth it.

I don't think they'd consider signing Machado, with shortstop and third base already occupied, so we're almost done with him.

But someone also needs to get to those younger players soon, and convince them that they have a team. Those empty home run swings, inning after inning, ruin the game.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:50 AM

2,218 posts, read 3,089,045 times
Quote:

That would solve nothing & probably cost the Dodgers the playoffs. Manny is still going to try and get hits etc because it only helps his stock heading into the free agent market.

Imagine the Dodgers benching him & losing the series. Then not only did you bench your best hitter but you gave up all those prospects for nothing.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:15 AM

11,093 posts, read 12,481,863 times
Or benching him and helping team morale. Maybe winning without Manny 2.0. Anyway, looking forward to this afternoons game. Wish I could be there.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:27 AM

1,406 posts, read 2,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
I don't think they'd consider signing Machado, with shortstop and third base already occupied, so we're almost done with him.

But someone also needs to get to those younger players soon, and convince them that they have a team. Those empty home run swings, inning after inning, ruin the game.
I agree. It's very depressing when they don't make contact, but launch angle is what is being taught now. Perhaps MLB will step in and deaden the ball some. That could change the current approach to hitting.

Could you miss small ball anymore than when Buehler took three called strikes in Game 3, when a bunt could have advanced the runner?

Old 10-17-2018, 12:01 PM

2,011 posts, read 2,014,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Almost getting picked off in the 13th inning too...

Regardless of what he does the rest of the series I hope the Dodgers have seen enough to know he's not worth it.
I can tell you now, Machado is not in the Dodgers future plans. He is just a band-aide for Sieger being injured.

Old 10-17-2018, 12:01 PM

3,939 posts, read 7,527,935 times
Quote:
Or benching him and helping team morale. Maybe winning without Manny 2.0. Anyway, looking forward to this afternoons game. Wish I could be there.

Benching Machado would hurt the Dodgers, short term, but help the game, long term. However, Dave Roberts is paid by the Dodgers, not the game itself. It couldn't happen.

If it were the regular season, yes.

Old 10-17-2018, 12:05 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,089,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
Benching Machado would hurt the Dodgers, short term, but help the game, long term. However, Dave Roberts is paid by the Dodgers, not the game itself. It couldn't happen.

If it were the regular season, yes.

I am not a fan of Manny but last thing I want to do is penalize 24 other players for the actions of one. This team has work hard all year & many came up just short last season because another "rental" came to the team.

I know Darvish is a lot more of a class act than Manny will probably ever be but the reality of it is Darvish was a rental that was a disaster when it really mattered. I'm sure we might never hear about how Dodgers really felt about his tipping pitchers and just failing miserably in game 3 & 7 because it's not prudent to talk bad about teammates. But I wouldn't be surprised if there are some players who talk amongst friends & family and were not happy at all with how Darvish prepared for the game and failed them. Just really bothers me that last years team won 104 games and a rental player failed so bad. Sorry for rambling.

Old 10-17-2018, 12:08 PM

2,011 posts, read 2,014,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
our paper this am said he isn't liked by anyone on the team: goodbye loser is all I can say. I am so disappointed but today is another day. Dinner will be very easy so I can watch the game. I do see Puig as staying with the team and really do like him: more than i did a few years ago. He seems to have grown up a bit Dodger fan since 1958 the year I got married and the year they moved to L.A which is where we started our married life. Actually as a kid and living in L.A where we only had AAA I sorta liked the Dodgers but don't ask me why and it wasn't lady like to be a girl and a sports fan in those days. I was the exception. I was a bigger sports ran than most of my boyfriends. Then I met my husband and it was love almost at first site. I could talk sports and not seem like freak and he has always said I was the only girl he knew that loved to cook and loved sports both
When people started throwing out how long they've been Dodger fans, Nita I couldn't wait to read your post. If I remember correctly didn't you see a game at the Coliseum??

I have been a fan since 1972. I still recall the 1974 World Series when Joe Ferguson playing right field snatched a fly ball to center in front of weak throwing (due to injury) Jimmy Wynn and threw out Sal Bando who was tagging up from 3rd base at the plate. I believe that was game 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball