U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2018, 11:39 PM

3,944 posts, read 7,537,442 times

Advertisements

Much better game tonight. Good two-strike bunt by Machado, great catch by Taylor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2018, 01:10 AM

4,202 posts, read 937,102 times
I am so happy, I’m an LA native, and I love the Dodgers!

Old 10-21-2018, 08:51 AM

2,702 posts, read 994,736 times
Let's go DODGERS!!

Old 10-21-2018, 09:17 AM

7,836 posts, read 19,598,420 times
Let's be honest, neither the Brewers or Dodgers were ever going to make a dent in the well oiled machine that is the Boston Red Sox. If Milwaukee or now LA wins, it might be one of the biggest upsets in World Series play.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:18 AM

2,778 posts, read 3,079,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Let's be honest, neither the Brewers or Dodgers were ever going to make a dent in the well oiled machine that is the Boston Red Sox. If Milwaukee or now LA wins, it might be one of the biggest upsets in World Series play.
Yes, I tend to agree but hope the Dodgers surprise me and win this WS for Tommy Lasorda. The Red Sox have won 3 times over the past 15 years, I was happy for the Red Sox breaking the curse in 2004, I know how they felt (Cubs) but now we need to think about all the bums in LA who have been waiting and waiting, as bums often do, to break this awful 30 year losing streak. You Dodger bums can turn it around if you just get off your butts and try. Yuri Gurriel pointed and laughed at you guy last year, how much lower can you go? The National League needs more WS wins, they are down 48 to 65. Don't drop the ball, I expect better from you in this series than a Brewers - Red Sox lineup, too many alcoholics in that match, fist fights, AA members being hanged, fans passing out, ect ect.

Go Dodgers, if you let Tommy Lasorda die without ever seeing another WS win, it will leave a permanent stain on The Dodgers that you can never hose off. You have a permanent press situation on your hands, now is the time to act.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:35 AM

7,836 posts, read 19,598,420 times
I usually always root for the NL no matter what however....this year is different. Add the Los Angeles Dodgers to the list of the: Cubs, Cardinals, Yankees for which Brewers fans show absolutely no love.

1957 Milwaukee wins World Series vs Yankees
1958 Milwaukee loses to Yankees in World Series
1981 Milwaukee loses to Yankees in NLDS
1982 Milwaukee loses to Cardinals in World Series
2007 Milwaukee misses playoffs by 2 games to Cubs
2008 Milwaukee loses to Phillies in NLDS
2011 Milwaukee loses to Cardinals in NLCS
2017 Milwaukee misses playoffs by 1 game to the Rockies
2018 Milwaukee loses to Dodgers in NLCS

I now will forever hate the Dodgers, Good luck in the World Series they've earned it however this year I root for the Red Sox. I hope you understand.

Old 10-21-2018, 11:08 AM

3,944 posts, read 7,537,442 times
The Red Sox have a better team. But sometimes the good pieces you have outweigh the weaknesses, short term.

In 1988 most people thought Oakland had the better team, and for a Dodgers fan it was especially painful to see a couple former Dodger pitchers (Stewart, Welch) on the other side. But two complete games by Hershiser (in one he pitched a shutout, had three hits and an RBI) gave them a chance.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:13 PM

2,776 posts, read 2,379,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
The Red Sox have won 3 times over the past 15 years.
When there were 4 teams left I thought if the Brewers don't make it then I hope the Dodgers win for the above reason. Red Sox & Boston have won too many times recently. Their racist fans don't deserve another championship.

But the Dodgers are making it really hard to cheer for them after seeing Puig & Machado gesture towards the fans with their crotch chop/suck it sign. Pretty classy considering it's baseball.

I don't know. I'll decide once the teams start playing, but it's going to be hard to be interested when you have the 2 teams with the 2 highest payrolls.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:51 PM

2,227 posts, read 3,093,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
When there were 4 teams left I thought if the Brewers don't make it then I hope the Dodgers win for the above reason. Red Sox & Boston have won too many times recently. Their racist fans don't deserve another championship.

But the Dodgers are making it really hard to cheer for them after seeing Puig & Machado gesture towards the fans with their crotch chop/suck it sign. Pretty classy considering it's baseball.

I don't know. I'll decide once the teams start playing, but it's going to be hard to be interested when you have the 2 teams with the 2 highest payrolls.
Is there any proof that they actually did that towards the fans? Because knowing them it could be a team joke at each other.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:53 PM

2,227 posts, read 3,093,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post

I don't think the Dodgers have the top 2 payroll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball