Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2016, 03:17 PM

9,756 posts, read 7,468,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I like the Dodgers chances, we are good against right handed pitchers, and the Cubs best pitchers are right handed.

Plus the Cubs have yet to face Kershaw, Maeda and Hill this season. And they only faced Urias once and that was in his second major league start. Urias is a lot better now then when he faced the Cubs back then.

Let the series begin!!

You forgot about that one that is probably going to win the Cy Young that's starting game 1 that's left-handed (Lester) but for the most part you are correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 06:31 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,692,387 times
^^^ And Lester also threw a CG shut out against the Dodgers and got a ND I believe 6 IP 0 R

Old 10-16-2016, 09:36 PM

141 posts, read 123,308 times
The Dodgers split and are going home for the next three. There is no quit with this team which is why I like their chances. A step closer to a World Series appearance.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:06 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,692,387 times
Last night when they lost against the Cubs I felt different than I ever have before in a loss. I really thought even with losing (this was before they tied it up) this game we could beat this team & game 2 would be different.

Last night in game 1 the Cubs had a lot go there way. Mental errors by 3rd base coach, Ruiz throwing to 3rd instead of running back Baez. The pop fly double by Baez. Balls hit hard to Cubs defenders. Just seemed like baseball gods wanted the Cubs to win last night. Oh yea, a 0-2 pitch that didn't slide enough against Montero.

So with all of that you can't get down on them because it was just one of those games.

Good news is Kershaw pitched great. Even better news is he only threw 84 pitches so I expect him to be pitching game 5 unless we are up 3-1 and even then I still think Roberts might try to end it in LA instead of going back to Chicago.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:25 PM

141 posts, read 123,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Last night when they lost against the Cubs I felt different than I ever have before in a loss. I really thought even with losing (this was before they tied it up) this game we could beat this team & game 2 would be different.

Last night in game 1 the Cubs had a lot go there way. Mental errors by 3rd base coach, Ruiz throwing to 3rd instead of running back Baez. The pop fly double by Baez. Balls hit hard to Cubs defenders. Just seemed like baseball gods wanted the Cubs to win last night. Oh yea, a 0-2 pitch that didn't slide enough against Montero.

So with all of that you can't get down on them because it was just one of those games.

Good news is Kershaw pitched great. Even better news is he only threw 84 pitches so I expect him to be pitching game 5 unless we are up 3-1 and even then I still think Roberts might try to end it in LA instead of going back to Chicago.
This was my main concern going into game 2, how Kershaw would respond after game 5 in the NLDS with little rest. The same with Jansen. They both brought their A game tonight which was crucial because the Dodgers were only able to muster one run. They gotta be feeling good with the next 3 at Dodger Stadium.

Last edited by GoJohnnyGo; 10-16-2016 at 11:41 PM..

Old 10-17-2016, 12:52 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,858,000 times
This Cubs fan is again, nervous! Please take two in L.A. Or, all three!

Old 10-17-2016, 08:53 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,429 times
No! lol Kershaw is pitching great.

Old 10-17-2016, 12:48 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,704 times
I actually think all Cub fans should be nervous, they have a lot of negative history on there side. Too be honest, this Dodger team reminds me so much of the 88 team that beat the supposedly better NY Mets and the Oakland A's for the World Series title.

Old 10-18-2016, 12:57 AM

9,756 posts, read 7,468,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I actually think all Cub fans should be nervous, they have a lot of negative history on there side. Too be honest, this Dodger team reminds me so much of the 88 team that beat the supposedly better NY Mets and the Oakland A's for the World Series title.

Plus there is absolutely no pressure on them like there have been the last couple years. So, if they end up losing it's a "we lost to the best team in baseball that was printing World Series and parade tickets in March that people were predicting to go 11-0 through the playoffs" and we won a game....and shut them out. Good spot for the Dodgers to be in.

Old 10-18-2016, 10:59 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
You forgot about that one that is probably going to win the Cy Young that's starting game 1 that's left-handed (Lester) but for the most part you are correct.

Yes I did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball