Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 11:25 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times

Advertisements

And the other aspect of MLB that comes sharply into fucus today.

There are two afternoon games:

A. The Yankees, with an elimination number of 4 with 9 games left and five teams ahead of them, playing the last place team in another division, in a game that is very close to meaningless.
B. The Rays, a half game ahead in the WC race, against a team only two games behind, a crucial game for both teams.

I pay MLB $20 a month for access to any game I want. But I am denied that choice, and both Fox English and Fox Spanish are forcing me to watch the New York Sweethearts. Again.

Here's how the conversation goes:
FOX: "We will give you XX-million dollars if you block telecasts of all games, and deny all fans everywhere access to the games they have already paid for the rights to watch."
MLB: "Freak the fans. What time will the Brinks truck be here?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 09:09 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,318,969 times
Giambi!

Old 09-24-2013, 09:19 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,855,397 times
The Pirates celebrated with champagne because they got the wild card?! LMAO

You don't celebrate with champagne unless you win something. If you win your division you are division champs.

You shouldn't celebrate because you get in the post-season as a wild card. They are going to play 1 game vs the Reds. What if they lose?

Old 09-24-2013, 09:21 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,119,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post

You don't celebrate with champagne unless you win something. If you win your division you are division champs.

You shouldn't celebrate because you get in the post-season as a wild card. They are going to play 1 game vs the Reds. What if they lose?
Geez, Aldous, have a heart. The last time the Pirates and their fans got to celebrate anything, their leftfielder was named Bonds.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:37 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,468,918 times
Quote:

This is their first playoff appearance AND first winning season in 20 years, give them a break. If I was the owner of the Pirates or Royals this year I would've busted out the champagne for the team after win #82, that's how dreadful those 2 franchise's have been the last 20+ years.

Old 09-25-2013, 07:02 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,148 times
Quote:

The Dodgers went crazy and acted like fools after winning their division. Hardly an amazing feat considering how massive their payroll is and how poor their division is.

Pittsburgh has not had a winning season, or playoff appearance since 1992. I think they should be given some slack for getting excited about what they accomplished.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:15 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
I think anything the players for New York, Boston and Los Angeles teams do beyond that corporate "merger completed" handshake is excessive.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:30 PM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
With all the problems the trainwreck that is baseball has, I have a hard time getting excited over how a team celebrates after a victory.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:07 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,855,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
The Dodgers went crazy and acted like fools after winning their division. Hardly an amazing feat considering how massive their payroll is and how poor their division is.

Pittsburgh has not had a winning season, or playoff appearance since 1992. I think they should be given some slack for getting excited about what they accomplished.
But the Dodgers won the division title. They won something.

The Pirates just qualified for a 1 game playoff. They didn't win anything.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:45 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,119,848 times
Quote:
But the Dodgers won the division title. They won something.

The Pirates just qualified for a 1 game playoff. They didn't win anything.
They won a chance to be one of the four post season NL teams.That is better than any of their other finishes over the last 20 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball