U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 07:55 PM

7,867 posts, read 19,691,793 times

Advertisements

First off who ever thought Michael Cuddyer could have the year he is having? or had.

Second, Todd Helton another class guy who did it the right way, one team and clean and classy.

Thirdly, do not let it snow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 09:32 AM

16,561 posts, read 21,113,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
A disappointing 2013 Rockies season is in the books; in last place at 74-88, .457, and 18 games behind the Dodgers, who they beat today 2-1.

Today was Todd Helton's final game in a 17-year career that will land him in the Hall of Fame. He closes with a lifetime .316 batting average. Dodger fans gave him a wonderful standing ovation when he came to bat in the 9th inning; he struck out swinging - it was that kind of year.
His last Rockies home game was a great night as well. Lots of video tributes between innings, probably the most noted was one of his closest friends from his days at the University of Tennessee-Bronco quarterback Peyton Manning. He got a home run his first time at bat, a sacrifice fly that drove in a run his second time, a double that almost cleared the fence the third time.

Last year after Helton had a little surgery, Todd was sent to the Grand Junction Rockies for a bit of rehab (Junction is a farm club--rookie league.) Was there for a few days. I didn't get to meet him but I talked to a few who did. Todd gave all his spare time signing autographs and talking to the kids. As personable a guy that one could meet.

Helton is class-on AND off the field. The Rockies will miss him.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:44 PM

10,742 posts, read 11,212,298 times
It is going to be weird watching the Rockies sans Helton. So the 2013 season started off great, but in the end it was the same old Rockies. The team made a 10-win improvement over last year, but they were so bad last year that a 10-win improvement was still just 74-88.

I wish Helton well in his post-baseball life. I also hope the Rox do something about their pitching this off season. Two years in a row the Rox have had a top 10 scoring offense, only to be woefully out of first by the time October arrives.

I guess I should be happy we have the Broncos looking so good right now. 'Til April, Go Rockies!

Old 10-15-2013, 08:48 AM

11,167 posts, read 12,624,802 times
I just wish the Rockies could find some other announcers. Those two boobs who talk about their past careers and spend hours talking about ballpark food are horrible. Interviews with a Denver hockey coach? WHO CARES!

I would watch more Rockies games if it wasn't for those two morons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or