Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 05:49 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times

Advertisements

Fowler and Tulo are in the lineup tonight. That's a good sign. The Rox could use the boost.

The Rockies never seem to fare well out in Dodgers Stadium and the Dodgers have gotten hot. I just hope the team can avoid a total collapse before the break. I'd consider 2-2 out in LA to be a successful series but would be ecstatic if they did better. Fingers crossed.

Go Rockies!

Last edited by Mike from back east; 07-12-2013 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: Merged 2:1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 12:10 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Rockies got 'er done last night, beating one of baseball's best pitchers, Clayton Kershaw and his 1.98 ERA.

Tulo actually drove in the winning run in the first inning with a sac fly.

I note today the Rockies have both scored 423 runs and given up 423 runs. We used to be well into positive territory on that.

The 4-game series is tied at 1-1.

Hopefully the return of Tulo and Dexter will be the emotional lift that restores the team's confidence.

Once again Betancourt came in to pitch the 9th and promptly allowed the leadoff batter (Adrian Gonzalez) to reach base via a single; Gonzalez made it to third on fielder's indifference and a wild pitch. All three outs were fly balls to deep center.

Nicasio got the win he deserved (5-4) and Betancourt got his 14th save. Hopeful signs.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:30 PM

Mike, it seems the pitching is holding steady but in the team's sort of three-week long skid the offense is where the team is failing. Do you agree? If so, I would suggest there is reason for hope going into the late stretches of the season. With a healthy line up of Tulo, Cargo, Fowler and Cuddy, the team is unstoppable at the plate. Add in solid performance by guys like Arenado, and Rosario; and even though he's in the twilight of his career, Helton can still deliver at the plate; and you have a line up that won't stay down forever. If the pitching can hold and the offense rebounds, I like the Rockies' chances in the late summer and early fall.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:57 PM

Agree.

Aren't there some trade deadlines coming up where we could find some pitching help?

Old 07-13-2013, 05:31 PM

I believe so. There have been rumblings the Mets are going to make a play for Cargo. I hope they don't deal him. If the Rox hit a streak coming out of the break and then deal one of their bats off I'll be convinced they're intentionally avoiding success. But they aren't going to get another arm for free, so we'll see what they do.

Old 07-13-2013, 06:31 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
There have been rumblings the Mets are going to make a play for Cargo. I hope they don't deal him.
Isn't that old news? I can't find anything recent about that (newest I can find is April).

What could the lowly Mets possibly offer the Rockies that would be worth giving up CarGo for? Why would they trade part of their nucleus for god knows what, while they are still are kind of intention for the NL West, while the Mets are not in any sort of contention in their division?

Old 07-13-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Isn't that old news? I can't find anything recent about that (newest I can find is April).

What could the lowly Mets possibly offer the Rockies that would be worth giving up CarGo for? Why would they trade part of their nucleus for god knows what, while they are still are kind of intention for the NL West, while the Mets are not in any sort of contention in their division?
I thought so as well, but just the other I heard someone on ESPN mention Cargo as a possible mover before the deadline with the Mets still interested. I'll admit, I was in the gym working out when I heard this, so I wasn't really paying attention to the broadcast.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:57 PM

Tonight's game is almost enough to break the spirit of a team....

They get a rare complete game (8 innings) 4-hitter from Tyler Chatwood (5-3) but lose 1-0 because Zack Greinke (8-2) throws a complete game 2-hitter.

Rockies hit "production" was a single by Helton and a bunt single by Herrera who got thrown out stealing second.

A win tomorrow by the Rox will split the series and allow them to come home on a positive note.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 07-13-2013 at 09:01 PM..

Old 07-13-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Tonight's game is almost enough to break the spirit of a team....
Yeah, it was a downer. Let's hope the Rockies offense can make an appearance tomorrow for the last game before the break.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:14 PM

Another good game today, hope springs eternal.....

Rockies won 3-1, Chacin going six strong innings to earn the win (9-4) with a 3.50 ERA.

The bullpen was FLAWLESS for a change, with Brothers (H), Belisle(H), and Betancourt(S) each pitching one perfect inning and giving up zero hits over those last 3 innings.

For the series, Rox were outscored 7-8 by L.A. but the good news is we got 11 hits today from the bats. Dexter went 2-5 as did Cuddyer who also drove in all 3 Rockies runs. Tulo had an Ofer, 0-4 today.

Things elsewhere went well, with AZ and SF losing. Rockies are 46-50 (.479) are 4.5 behind AZ and 2.0 behind the 47-47 Dodgers and 2.0 ahead of the Giants.

The league now has 4 days off for the All Star Game break with play resuming on Friday when the Cubs come to Coors Field.

I understand that Tim Lincecum is a free agent at the end of the season; anyone have any thoughts of adding him to the Rockies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball