U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2013, 09:25 AM

7,551 posts, read 16,398,736 times

Advertisements

Ive never really liked or been into baseball because watching it on TV was basically boring because it was too long and too slow for me but I kept an open mind because I thought it would be different when there, more appealing.

I went to see the Astros vs White Sox last night on a whim. I have to say I really enjoyed it, the beer, the atmosphere, the food (baseball knows its food!!!) and the game itself was much more interesting to me than before. I wouldnt call myself a new diehard fan by any stretch but I would watch a game on TV with a better understanding and I am probably going to go to another came in a couple of weeks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 12:51 PM

9,029 posts, read 16,444,433 times
Nice ... also keep in mind the Astros are really bad

Baseball is definitely a better live sport and the ballpark and experience of the game, as well as actually being able to see the shifts, defensive setup, leads and all the actual components of situational baseball are great

Definitely check out more games and look at different vantage points around the stadium ..... some of my favorite seats in the house and usually not terribly expensive are upper level right behind home plate .... you can typically see the pitch coming over the plate, you get a good view of the entire field of play and can watch the ball as it trajects to the field

Glad you had a good time

Old 06-18-2013, 01:37 PM

Yeah I know theyre doing bad, I have a habit of supporting bad teams (shels, rapids, pool!). I actually think its a sickness.

I sat in every section of the lower deck and got the experience, the uppers seem to have a really good view too.

Im discussing with the kids right now to see what game they want to see.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Old 06-18-2013, 05:37 PM

2,688 posts, read 957,300 times
Glad you enjoyed it. I've loved baseball since 2000, went to my first game in 2005 (ATT Park) and go just once a year, although last year we cheated on the Giants and went to an A's game, too. I had to have the 20 game win streak t-shirt.
With the Astros being a bad team, I hope the ticket prices are reasonable. That's one of the bad things about SF winning two rings in three years; the ticket prices can be high. Yes, Craigslist is my friend.

Have fun at your next game! And thanks for the picture. MM looks like a nice ballpark, although I hate that hill in the outfield. Someone's gonna break something one day.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:50 AM

It is a nice park, on Stub Hub they range from $12 to $60 I think. Not bad.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:54 AM

13,241 posts, read 24,450,303 times
I always buy my tickets on StubHub. Always.

I go to at least 10 games a year now. It never gets old.

Glad you had a good time. Introducing yourself to a new sport can be a WONDERFUL experience.

-David,
baseball fan since 1992 (9 years old)
first minor league game, 1993
Hall of Fame, 1993
first MLB game, 1995
and every year since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball