U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 06:56 PM

71,957 posts, read 83,612,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
This is of course overdramatic. People have been using steriods in baseball for the past 15 years. That is pretty much fact. Baseball has not been a clean game in the past 15 years and that's just the way it is. It's not like Arod made baseball like this. It is even reasonable to say that somewhere between 60-80% of players were using steriods and if you go through the best players from best to worst you might say 5 or 6 people before you get to someone who wasn't juicing.
The penalty for using steriods for a first time offender is 50 games, and that is exactly what he should get. You are right that he broke the rules, and written in the rules are the punishment and that is in black and white. 50 games. Baseball's punishment of 211 games is absurd.
If it was his first time I might feel differently but it wasn't. for me, that is the end of the story...He deserves what he gets or got...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 03:50 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,955,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post

Do we know with absolute certainty that Ken Griffey Jr, Larry Walker, Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, Mike Piazza, Edgar Martinez or Jeff Kent were all playing clean? How good were Andres Galarraga and Moises Alou? Did they have artificial help?

Steroids are a stinking, rotten huge mother deal that has generated a mess, one that will be with us again and again until the last of these steroid era players has exhausted his HoF eligibility. These players pulled down their pants and took a huge crap on the integrity of the game, the record books and the fans.
I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that Greg Maddux was a clean player...

... The best 88 mph fastball in MLB history.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:33 PM

40,935 posts, read 18,566,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that Greg Maddux was a clean player...

... The best 88 mph fastball in MLB history.
Unless of course without PEDs it would have been an 82 mph fastball like the one Barry Zito now throws.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:06 AM

21,319 posts, read 21,886,413 times
I have it on good authority that the reason MLB has so tenaciously gone after A-Rod was because of the affair that A-Rod and Madonna conducted in such a public manner, flaunting themselves before everyone including Madonna's previous and spurned lover.....Bud Selig!!!!

Old 08-15-2013, 12:32 PM

71,957 posts, read 83,612,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I have it on good authority that the reason MLB has so tenaciously gone after A-Rod was because of the affair that A-Rod and Madonna conducted in such a public manner, flaunting themselves before everyone including Madonna's previous and spurned lover.....Bud Selig!!!!
I think he deserves what he gets, because of what I have said previously, but yes, I have heard similar things. Mostly I have heard he is just a jerk period. Jerks are not always popular. Nice guys sometimes do win.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:44 PM

40,935 posts, read 18,566,118 times
Default Braun Sued Bt Friend Who Says He Doped In College

Lawsuit against Ryan Braun alleges college doping, fraud - ESPN

Quote:
A longtime friend of Ryan Braun's filed a lawsuit against the suspended slugger last month, charging that Braun defamed him after the friend provided help in his successful appeal of Braun's positive steroid test in 2011.

Ralph Sasson, 29, makes a number of personal accusations against Braun, saying in the lawsuit that Braun doped through his years at the University of Miami, committed academic fraud and accepted money while a student.
And this tidbit...
Quote:
Part of his assignment, the lawsuit says, was to conduct background research on the man who collected Braun's urine sample, Dino Laurenzi Jr.
And if all that isn't bad enough....
Quote:
The lawsuit also says that Braun asked Sasson to "prank call" ESPN "Outside the Lines" reporter Mark Fainaru-Wada, who was working with reporter T.J. Quinn on a story in December 2011 that Braun had failed a PED test. According to the lawsuit, Braun wanted Sasson to say, "The original information Quinn and Fainaru-Wada had obtained regarding Braun was part of an elaborate conspiracy to assassinate the character of multiple baseball players and agents including, but not limited to, Ryan Braun."

Sasson says in the lawsuit that he refused.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:23 PM

16,527 posts, read 20,972,483 times
A very old saying definitely applies here regarding the situation with Alex Rodriguez.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive."

Old 08-17-2013, 10:38 AM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,071 posts, read 1,832,691 times
A-Rod is a A-RAT? Klapisch: Alex Rodriguez whiffs on integrity - NorthJersey.com

Old 08-17-2013, 03:11 PM

2,370 posts, read 3,058,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Lawsuit against Ryan Braun alleges college doping, fraud - ESPN

And this tidbit...

And if all that isn't bad enough....

so how does he only get 65 games if they want to give a-rod 211?

Old 08-17-2013, 03:32 PM

3,151 posts, read 2,193,197 times
Miguel Tejada was suspended today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball