U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2013, 01:39 PM

40,823 posts, read 18,549,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraychick01 View Post
It's not a natural movement to raise your legs UP into the air like that to get up from the ground in that position. One would most likely push up themselves up onto their knees with their arms and then get up from there.
Try it, it is exactly what comes naturally, the moment you pull your elbows back to get your hands flat on the ground to push yourself up, your legs naturally go up in the back, at least mine certainly do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 01:42 PM

149 posts, read 255,152 times
I did try it and mine did not fly up into the air as if I had just dived onto the ground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Try it, it is exactly what comes naturally, the moment you pull your elbows back to get your hands flat on the ground to push yourself up, your legs naturally go up in the back, at least mine certainly do.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
I did try it and mine did not fly up into the air as if I had just dived onto the ground.
Then perhaps it is a matter of some people being wired for that reaction and others not. I certainly am, and apparently so is Middlebrooks.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:06 PM

149 posts, read 255,152 times
Apparently you didn't fully read my previous post. When Middlebrooks finally got up from the ground he pushed up with his arms, got up onto his knees and got up. His legs did not go up in the air.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Then perhaps it is a matter of some people being wired for that reaction and others not. I certainly am, and apparently so is Middlebrooks.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Apparently you didn't fully read my previous post. When Middlebrooks finally got up from the ground he pushed up with his arms, got up onto his knees and got up. His legs did not go up in the air.
That is an alternative way to go about it, it does not mean that what I wrote is not correct.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:59 PM

396 posts, read 1,505,261 times
STL 3rd base coach made the right call to continue sending Craig home after he was obstructed. Then the base coach cleared way out of the way from the path to allow a clear path throw from LF area to the plate. Heads-up base coaching!

Old 10-27-2013, 09:01 PM

42,663 posts, read 74,212,583 times
The Cards simpy cannot leave Freese in the lineup. He is an automatic out, and the only thing he has going for him is that balls hit in the infield are so weak they challenge the charging infielders and aren't hit hard enough for DPs.

Allen Craig was primarily a third baseman in the minors, and has played four MLB games at third. For game 5, which is a must-win game for the Cards (even if t hey win game 4), I'd use Craig at third, then back in Boston, Robinson as in LF, Holliday as DH. Even if Craig is still slowed by his ankle, Freese just can't be kept in there. Or at least, Descalso at third and Kozma at short.

Yes, I know, eventually Freese is going to get hold of one, but how long can you wait? On the season, Freeses sluggin gaverage was only .015 higher than Descalso.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:20 PM

20,896 posts, read 39,157,087 times
Once the series is over I'm not gonna miss endless closeups of Jonny Gomes forever twerking his batting helmet and fidgeting with his gloves. Isn't there something else for the camera to capture between pitches?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:10 PM

7,835 posts, read 19,559,824 times
First ever post season game to end in a pick-off, it is often said that when you watch a baseball game you might see something that has never been done before. In a game that is 150 years old you would think we have seen it all but 150 years later we still can watch a baseball game and see something that has never happened before.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:46 PM

804 posts, read 1,376,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
First ever post season game to end in a pick-off, it is often said that when you watch a baseball game you might see something that has never been done before. In a game that is 150 years old you would think we have seen it all but 150 years later we still can watch a baseball game and see something that has never happened before.
Well, I guess it's just a testament to how rare it is to see a player fall asleep in such a huge spot. His run means absolutely nothing. Why he's so giddy to begin his secondary lead is beyond me. Beltran is the tying run at the plate and to take away his at-bat is unacceptable. Another unlikely ending
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball