U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 12:28 PM

3,291 posts, read 5,808,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Same answer I've had for 3 decades: Red Sox first and always. If not them then the Cubs. Anyone with a heart in their chest should root for the Cubs fans to finally win one.
Easily one of the most overstated, ridiculous opinions in the sports world. Chicago fans have been able to celebrate a White Sox title (2005), Six recent Bulls championships (1991-1993; 1996-1998), a Blackhawks Stanley Cup (2010) as well as one of the greatest NFL seasons ever when the Bears won in 1985.

In fact, since 1960, only New York, Boston, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh have hoisted more championship trophies than Chicago.

No, no, no, if you have a heart in your chest, you should be rooting for ANY Cleveland sports franchise for it is they who are truly long-suffering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 05:24 AM

10,510 posts, read 5,979,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
Easily one of the most overstated, ridiculous opinions in the sports world. Chicago fans have been able to celebrate a White Sox title (2005), Six recent Bulls championships (1991-1993; 1996-1998), a Blackhawks Stanley Cup (2010) as well as one of the greatest NFL seasons ever when the Bears won in 1985.

In fact, since 1960, only New York, Boston, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh have hoisted more championship trophies than Chicago.

No, no, no, if you have a heart in your chest, you should be rooting for ANY Cleveland sports franchise for it is they who are truly long-suffering.

Very true and I do find myself rooting for Cleveland teams, particularly the Browns after they were stolen. But you do realize not all Cubs fans are NBA or NHL fans right? The Bears last won a title nearly 30 years ago.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:14 PM

16,437 posts, read 8,954,829 times
Tampa Bay. Love to see a small-market team win it all.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:48 PM

2,423 posts, read 3,153,528 times
I have to go for my favorite team.... the L.A. Angels. A freeway series would be fun: Angels vs. Dodgers.

-Cheers.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:37 AM

10,850 posts, read 19,500,551 times
Will always be a Royals fan, but not sure they will ever get there again. I have adopted the Nationals since moving to Maryland. I think they have about as good a chance as KC .

Old 03-26-2014, 10:52 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,113,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post

To your last statement, I agree. But of course, I live in northeast Ohio, and am biased. There is no question that Cleveland sports fans have by far has suffered the most. People say that Cubs fans suffer, but that city has seen championships in recent history. People say that Lions fans suffer, but that city has also seen championships in recent history. The last time Cleveland has won anything (not counting the now defunct Cleveland Crunch) in any major sport was the Cleveland Browns in 1964 by shocking the Colts 27-0 in the NFL Championship. Unfortunately for me, I wasn't born until 1973. Between the Browns, Indians and Cavaliers as a northeast Ohioan I've seen a lot of almosts, and woulda coulda shouldas, but haven't seen a championship by one of my hometown teams.

Having said all that, if the Cleveland Indians make it to the World Series, there is no question where my loyalties lie. If not.... then personally I don't care, and probably won't watch. I like baseball, but I'm a way bigger football fan anyway.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:01 AM

3,552 posts, read 5,576,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I have adopted the Nationals since moving to Maryland.
This is why Peter Angelos tried to block baseball from coming back to DC all those years

Old 03-26-2014, 09:04 PM

8,135 posts, read 12,727,108 times
I grew up an Indians fan. Still an Indians fan. Stickin' with them.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:01 PM

10,850 posts, read 19,500,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
This is why Peter Angelos tried to block baseball from coming back to DC all those years
Seems like the O's and Nats have enough fans to go around. We go to games in both parks several times a year and enjoy pulling for both teams unless KC is in town.

Will always be a Royals fan, but I gotta have a local team to follow and go to games. When we first moved here, the Nats were not very popular and pretty much sucked so I figured it couldn't hurt to jump on that bandwagon. We are probably some of the more established Nats fans in the DC area which is crazy since we didn't live here five years ago haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or