Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 02:43 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Wolf View Post
How come nobody likes my Tigers??
I think they're great, they put together a solid club every year.

I usually have teams I'd rather see win in a given playoff series, and in some instances that could be the Tigers.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:24 AM

484 posts, read 467,147 times
1-Cubs. Maternal grandfather was from Chicago, I could watch them almost every day growing up and it developed into a hardcore fandom (favorite sports team on my mother's side of the family). Living in central Ohio, I was about a 50/50 Cubs/Reds fan until I was 23 or 24 but that has waned considerably in recent years for many reasons.
I do not understand in the least the Cubs hatred from any fan who does not root for the White Sox or an NL Central team. Comes off as jealousy of the nationwide fan base and that they were on WGN regularly for decades.

AL teams I don't mind rooting for:
- Tigers (they were my favorite AL team when I attended college in Toledo)
- Rangers (sort of adopted them when I lived in Texas from 2007-09; couldn't root for the Astros since they were in the NL then)
- Astros (now that they are in the AL, I am fine with seeing them win and I know a lot of good Astros fans in Houston)

I am fine with the Royals and Twins winning. Small-market Midwestern teams; almost a regional pride thing.
Even though they are in the NL Central, I really don't mind the Pirates. If the Cubs don't win a division title, Pittsburgh is a team I wouldn't mind doing so.

Indifferent: AL East, AL West (other than teams listed above), NL East, NL West

26-Reds. Used to be a fan, as stated above, but that has dramatically changed in the past five years. I admit part of this comes from the Reds having dominated the Cubs the past several years, but from that also came an almost cruel edge from many Reds fans toward Cubs fans that exploded with the advent of social media. I couldn't call myself a part of their fan base anymore, and to an extent I actually enjoy them struggling. I still root for them vs the Indians, however.
27-Brewers. A ton of this has to do with Ryan Braun.
28-White Sox
29-Indians. I do not like Cleveland teams in general, and my dislike of the Indians goes back to the shameless bandwagoning in the late 1990s. Plus Cleveland fans in general have an inexplicable arrogance, as if no other city's fans are nearly as good as them, and I see it on a regular basis.
30-Cardinals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 06:28 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,319,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Wolf View Post
How come nobody likes my Tigers??
Because they keep taking my Yankees out of the playoffs u_u

Old 05-27-2015, 12:24 AM

42 posts, read 72,232 times
I appreciate that the Rockies never fall south of anybody's indifferent zone. Hooray for mediocrity!

That being said:

1. Rockies
2. Red Sox (maybe weird because of '07, but they're kind of my AL team).
3-27. A whole bunch of other teams that I feel the same level of "whatever" about
28. D-Backs
29. Giants
30. Dodgers

Padres don't fall at 27 because really, who hates the Padres? And why? That's like hating puppies.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:01 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Who on Earth knows their 11th-favorite team? Or their 23rd-favorite team?

Do you also have a 234th-favorite MLB player?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball