Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2015, 01:26 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,161,537 times

Advertisements

Who do you think has the best stadium and atmosphere?

What makes it so special?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 08:35 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,006,903 times
I am partial to Wrigley Field. Unique and classic stadium, very cool and interesting neighborhood. I am a Cubs fan too so I am somewhat biased there. Beyond that, PNC Park in Pittsburgh may be my next favorate. It really is a terrific ball park with great site lines everywhere, opens to the downtown skyline, and has tons to do around it at the convergence of the three rivers.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:32 PM

143 posts, read 158,643 times
I always thought the greatest atmosphere was at Yankee Stadium. Not the current one, that one seems boring and museum like. But the old stadium had a fantastic atmosphere. I went to the 96 ALCS vs the Orioles (Jeffrey Maier game) and that place literally shook. I think the prices at the new stadium have priced out a lot of the diehards that used to make that place great, it just hasn't been the same. I guess out of current stadiums I would say Fenway from my experience. The architecture of the old stadiums allows for a better atmosphere and home field advantage in my opinion because the fans are raucous and so close to the field that they feel like they're right on top of the players, not so with the design of today's mega parks

Stadium itself is a different answer. If we're judging by scenery, amenities, location, etc. I would go with AT&T (is that what it's called now?) in San Francisco

Old 04-03-2015, 01:37 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,118,671 times
THE GOOD

The OLD Yankee Stadium
The New Yankee Stadium (just not as good as the old one)
Wrigley Field
Camden Yards
Progressive Park
Citizens Bank Park
Citi Field
Great American Ballpark

THE "MEH" (Not Bad, but not great)

Turner Field
Miller Park

THE UGLY

Tropicana Field.

The OLD Yankee Stadium had the greatest. The new one? Not as much.

Wrigley Stadium is terrific as well and it pains me to say that because I am a Reds fan.

I've been to Cincinnati and thought they could have had the best stadium in the league when they were building it but they screwed it up. It just seems "incomplete" to me. Still solid though.

Camden Yards is pretty good as is Progressive Field.

Milwaukee isn't good at all. Shame. Very bland. Same with Turner Field.

Tropicana Field is terrible.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:24 PM

260 posts, read 218,282 times
Wrigley is the greatest. I say that as a Brewers fan. Miller Park is,as stated,meh. One good thing is that their are almost all quality seats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball