Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 10:23 PM

743 posts, read 765,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
There are lots of people jumping on the Cubs bandwagon now. As a die hard Cubs fan, you're OK with that? If so, I'm impressed. There are a fair amount of Cubs fans across the border here in Wisconsin. I'm not a Cubs (or Brewers) fan. I admit the bandwagon mentality irks me because 2 months ago those who are now all of a sudden cheering on the Cubs, couldn't tell you whether they won or lost the night before. Now I have co-workers talking about the Cubs, & I just shake my head.

You've got to live & breathe with them during the losses (& bad seasons) if you want to enjoy the wins.
I disagree with your logic ... As a lifelong, diehard Phillies fan, I thoroughly enjoyed everybody climbing on board during their 2007-11 run. It was a great atmosphere during that time and I'm sure some 'bandwagoners' even became 'real' fans.
Sports are meant to be fun, the more the merrier!
Even though I want to see my hometown Flyers and 76ers win, and I'm not a 'diehard' fan of either team or sport, I do get behind both teams and enjoy myself when they do go on a run. For some reason, this really annoys 'real' Flyers fans. Sixers fans, not so much.
I don't see the big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 10:33 PM

743 posts, read 765,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Cubs had a terrific year, and this will not be last time we see this matchup in October.

They need more pitching, even if it cost them a hitter or two who matters. But they have some real talent, and were simply overwhelmed by stupendous NYM pitching. 35th inning before Cubs got >1 run in an inning.

I'm a Met fan, but quite impressed by the Cubs.
I agree. This Cubs team is no flash in the pan, they have young, genuine talent and should be in the mix for the next five years.
I'm a Phillies fan/Mets hater, and as hard as it for me to watch, I'm really impressed by the ball the Mets are playing ... And even though I shouldn't, I kind of enjoy the passion of the Mets fans.
Between the Mets and Nationals staffs and Jose Fernandez of Miami, I dread the pitching the Phillies are going to have to face the next few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball