Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 07:28 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,119,848 times

Advertisements

Another one sided loss for Kansas City yesterday, 6-1 to the lowly White Sox.

Gomes was used just as a pinch hitter, but he struck out, demoralizing the entire team and causing the Royals to lose.

I understand that Gomes' role in the collapse of the Chinese economy is being investigated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 05:45 PM

The White Sox completed a sweep of Kansas City today with a 7-5 victory. Since Johnny Gomes joined the team, the Royals, who had been playing .625 ball, have gone 2-4, .333 ball. Even though Gomes didn't play today, the loss was entirely his fault. Something about his being around drags down the performances of his teammates, making him sort of the anti-Jeter.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:02 PM

9,757 posts, read 7,468,918 times
Cueto has been a terrible investment for the Royals so far. He had that one good start against Detroit in his home debut but outside of that has been ok to downright bad

Old 09-07-2015, 08:01 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,335,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Cueto has been a terrible investment for the Royals so far. He had that one good start against Detroit in his home debut but outside of that has been ok to downright bad
Definitely not ok....horrible.

I have to think he's got an injury of some kind. No reason to think it's just AL hitters eating him up this bad in 4 straight starts. He's not locating and his pitches have little movement. Something is up.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:40 PM

9,757 posts, read 7,468,918 times
His first start in Toronto was a "quality" start at least, the next one in Detroit wasn't so terrible either I don't think, I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt by describing him "ok to bad". Had that great complete game shutout at home vs. Detroit and has been complete $#!t ever since then. I think your right he probably is injured, but it could be AL hitters. Hamels (down in Texas) has gotten knocked around in August too though...

Btw, Royals lost again tonight 6-2 to the Twins, what's that Grandstander like 2-6 since they acquired Gomes??

Old 09-08-2015, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post

Btw, Royals lost again tonight 6-2 to the Twins, what's that Grandstander like 2-6 since they acquired Gomes??
It would be except that Gomes has only been with the team for seven games, so they are 2-5.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:03 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
It would be except that Gomes has only been with the team for seven games, so they are 2-5.
they did lose the game before obtaining Gomes when they were probably talking amongst the front office about that they wanted to get him, so that loss is on Gomes too.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
they did lose the game before obtaining Gomes when they were probably talking amongst the front office about that they wanted to get him, so that loss is on Gomes too.
Isn't that assigning an excessive amount of losing power to Gomes? I mean before the trade Gomes had guided the Braves to six consecutive losses, and 13 losses in their previous 14 games. Gomes had to have been concentrating 100% of his Loss Ju-Ju on the Braves ineptitude to forge a streak like that, and in fact Gomes had given so much of his effort toward that end that even after he was gone the Braves lost another six straight games.

You seriously think that Gomes could have wrecked the Braves so severely and still had enough of his mojo left to cause Kansas City to lose the day before he got there?

Lets be real here.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog_5 View Post
Not really true. He's played the past 3 nights as Rios is sidelined for 2 weeks with Chickenpox. Yes, I said chickenpox! .
He has courageously returned to the lineup tonight against the Twins. The Royals preferred a pox ridden, inept performing Rios to Gomes in right field because the Twins were crafty enough to start a right hander.

Old 09-12-2015, 04:33 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,876,001 times
I know Gomes ability he will win games in the stretch. He is a motivator on any team he played with Long ball hitters strike out especially Homes who is a mediocre hitter. I hope he gets hot in the playoffs and proves me right. The guy brings it!!! He will surprise you skeptics ,but I respect your assessments!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball