Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 03:17 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,392,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
The Brewers have had consistently bad teams. Yost was not the problem.
Then it has to be Doug Melvin. Ron Roenicke was okay two years ago and was only good in his rookie season as manager. He was awful last year before the Brewers fired him. Ken Macha couldn't get it done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 09:24 PM

431 posts, read 98,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Here are some other worst MLB managers that haven't been mentioned: John McNamara, Brad Mills (Mills was terrible), Jim Marshall, Phil Garner, Tony Pena, Ted Williams, and John Russell.
You forgetting something? AJ Hinch, Fredi Gonzalez, Joe Girardi, Brad Mills, and Bo Porter, as well. They're worst! I know Bo Porter who used for Houston Astros manager over last 2 years ago and he was fired. He has no managerial experience and also, AJ Hinch was fired at entire D-Backs over last 6 years ago. Don't you know Ron Gardenhire? He was fired at Minnesota Twins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
You can't have a "worst MLB managers" list and NOT have Matt Williams at the top of the list.
I know Matt Williams. I know him before. He didn't workout so well. He was fired from Nationals by last season. He came back to Arizona. He just returns to Arizona Diamondbacks. He will work for third-base coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
Ummmm..Ned Yost just won a ring managing the Royals last year. Wth are you talking about ?
No, he's doing so well. Ned Yost has already won a World Series Championship by last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Bob Geren was worse than Ken Macha. I think Kirk Gibson may be the worst of the modern era though.
The Diamondbacks
Yes, he did. He's worst. That's why some players who had a injury. That's why he was fired at entire D-Backs 2 years ago. I know Kirk Gibson. I met him at D-Backs dugout. I had a conversation with him. When I talks with him and I came by to say hello.

Old 06-20-2016, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
You forgetting something? AJ Hinch, Fredi Gonzalez, Joe Girardi, Brad Mills, and Bo Porter, as well. They're worst! I know Bo Porter who used for Houston Astros manager over last 2 years ago and he was fired. He has no managerial experience and also, AJ Hinch was fired at entire D-Backs over last 6 years ago. Don't you know Ron Gardenhire? He was fired at Minnesota Twins.
I did mention AJ Hynch. Girardi is not the issue with the Yankees. It's the players that aren't stepping up. I believe I mentioned Brad Mills. I've never heard of Bo Porter. I probably did forget Gardenhire. Roenicke was awful for Milwaukee. He only led them to one playoff appearance was 2011.

Old 06-21-2016, 12:13 AM

Quote:
I did mention AJ Hynch. Girardi is not the issue with the Yankees. It's the players that aren't stepping up. I believe I mentioned Brad Mills. I've never heard of Bo Porter. I probably did forget Gardenhire. Roenicke was awful for Milwaukee. He only led them to one playoff appearance was 2011.
Actually, Joe Girardi was ejected at the games for 26 times. He was arguing with umpires. He never had any coaching experience before. He used for Marlins manager before and he was fired. He was harassing with umpires. Why does he doing it? He won't stand a chance! Because of his behaviors, he always had a too many problems.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Actually, Joe Girardi was ejected at the games for 26 times. He was arguing with umpires. He never had any coaching experience before. He used for Marlins manager before and he was fired. He was harassing with umpires. Why does he doing it? He won't stand a chance! Because of his behaviors, he always had a too many problems.
Bobby Cox holds the record for the most ejections. Speaking of managing behavior problems, John Farrell always as issues when it comes to arguing with umpires. Plus Brad Ausmus is terrible. I cannot stand that idiot. Earlier this year he was ejected and suspeneded by Major League Baseball for arguing.

Old 07-10-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Bobby Cox holds the record for the most ejections. Speaking of managing behavior problems, John Farrell always as issues when it comes to arguing with umpires. Plus Brad Ausmus is terrible. I cannot stand that idiot. Earlier this year he was ejected and suspeneded by Major League Baseball for arguing.
Right, I know Bobby Valentine. He used work for Red Sox manager before. He has too many ejected at the games. He always arguing with umpires. That's why they fired him. He's very worst manager. He has no managerial experience. Because of his behaviors. He won't stand a chance. He will never work for manager again.

Old 07-10-2016, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Right, I know Bobby Valentine. He used work for Red Sox manager before. He has too many ejected at the games. He always arguing with umpires. That's why they fired him. He's very worst manager. He has no managerial experience. Because of his behaviors. He won't stand a chance. He will never work for manager again.
Valentine was Red Sox managers, replacing Terry Francona, who ironically replaced Valentine in the booth for ESPN Sunday Night Baseball, for one year and was gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball