Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 08:59 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,922,135 times

Advertisements

i prefer hanley ramirez, MUCH better stats and more power potential.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 09:03 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,922,135 times
and the reason i started this thread is beacuse im pissed of that people think jose reyes is better just beacuse he gots more media coverage and ESPN overrates him a bunch, who do you think is better?

Old 02-02-2008, 09:08 PM

11 posts, read 23,573 times
I prefer Hanley, but both are very good SS. You can't go wrong with neither of these SS.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:26 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,916,991 times
I'll go with Hanley, he did great on my fantasy team this year.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:20 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,571,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
and the reason i started this thread is beacuse im pissed of that people think jose reyes is better just beacuse he gots more media coverage and ESPN overrates him a bunch, who do you think is better?
Ramirez has better all around stats but Reyes is more dangerous when he gets on base. As far as who is better, ............. let me think for a second..........Jimmy Rollins!

Old 02-03-2008, 11:21 AM

11 posts, read 23,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Ramirez has better all around stats but I love Reyes when he gets on base. As far as who is better, ............. let me think for a second..........Jimmy Rollins!
I prefer Hanley over any SS in the league.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:42 PM

6 posts, read 9,323 times
there is NO COMPARISON between Jose Reyes and HR2 (HanRam). CLEARLY hanley ramirez is the better player by far. He came in SECOND in MVP voting. I have never seen reyes any where near mvp status. Hanley is by far the better of the two and the best all around ss in the game.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:03 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,931,342 times
Yup Hanley Ramirez...the jury isn't even close on this one...

Old 05-12-2010, 08:31 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,914,934 times
Not even close. Hanley is the better player in virtually every category. Reyes may be faster, but if you're not a smart base runner then that can only get you into trouble. Not to mention the old cliche, you can't steal first.

Reyes once had more raw talent than just about anyone else in the National League. He wasn't mature enough to listen to the right people, and the wrong people got in his head and made him believe that he had nothing left to learn. Add to that his injury last year and the highly suspicious thyroid issue, and it's hard to take him seriously anymore. If he didn't play in New York and didn't draw so much attention to himself he'd be just another good but not great player.

The only thing working against Hanley Ramirez is where he is playing right now. He's just not going to get the recognition he deserves. That will change in due time. The Marlins are going to owe him a lot of money soon ($11 million next year, then 15, 15, and 16 through 2014), and without a no-trade clause in his contract, he's not going to be there for the long haul. He's also not going to be a SS for too much longer, so there will be a lot of interest in him from teams with various needs. The Red Sox would love to have him back in the organization. The Yankees would probably be glad to find a place for him to play too. He's hasn't even reached his potential yet as a player or as a star, but he will.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:53 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,466,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Reyes once had more raw talent than just about anyone else in the National League. He wasn't mature enough to listen to the right people, and the wrong people got in his head and made him believe that he had nothing left to learn.
It's the Rey Ordonez Syndrome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball