Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 08:32 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
"Well let's see: we can either watch the super slow-motion replay on that 6,000 square foot video screen sitting on the left field wall, or we can take the word of a third base umpire that he could make out an audible tick from 110 feet away in a stadium with 42,000 screaming fans that the home plate umpire standing right there couldn't see or hear... I say we go with the second option!"

Morons.
Exactly. How the hell could the third base ump hear better than the one behind the plate? And all the while Maddon was arguing they kept replaying it over and over and over again so everybody both in Wrigley and who was watching it on TV knew it was a bad call. Even the umps knew it, as they admitted after the game. But a fat lot of good that did the Cubs in the moment. That could have turned the game around and it would have been a travesty.

I couldn't have said it better. Morons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 09:18 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,688,884 times
As a Dodgers fan I'm glad Granderson did not get a hit or even worse a HR after that bad call. I didn't want that to happen. Hopefully you don't see him again because right now he's helping your team more than us.

Old 10-19-2017, 01:16 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,150,157 times
I don't even know why Cubs fans even got mad. I already knew Granderson was going to strike out anyway. I guess that extra pitch the pitcher had to throw sucks.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:15 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,127,286 times
Well, I thought the Cubs might be on to something last night with that commanding 3 to 2 win, but for whatever reason the Dodgers have become a killing machine. I think they have the Series locked down this year, but there have been some surprises in this postseason, so who knows. My thoughts now drift to a place far far away, an Astro kind of place. I call upon the great one to give us guidance, we must carry on thru these extraordinary difficult times.

Harry Caray - Space, The Infinite Frontier with guest Dr. Kent Wahler

Watch Space, the Infinite Frontier: Dr. Kent Wahler From Saturday Night Live - NBC.com

Old 10-19-2017, 09:15 PM

9,974 posts, read 5,669,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
I think the Dodgers' hitting is better than the Cubs' pitching, especially with the bullpen as erratic as it's been this year.
God that was painful.

Even if the bullpen was up to the task (which they obviously were not), it hardly would have made a difference with the bats asleep during the entire post season. 25 runs total in 10 games... ouch. They're lucky they even got to the NLCS.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:21 AM

1,830 posts, read 2,150,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
Well, I thought the Cubs might be on to something last night with that commanding 3 to 2 win, but for whatever reason the Dodgers have become a killing machine. I think they have the Series locked down this year, but there have been some surprises in this postseason, so who knows. My thoughts now drift to a place far far away, an Astro kind of place. I call upon the great one to give us guidance, we must carry on thru these extraordinary difficult times.

Harry Caray - Space, The Infinite Frontier with guest Dr. Kent Wahler

Watch Space, the Infinite Frontier: Dr. Kent Wahler From Saturday Night Live - NBC.com

Commanding? The Dodgers could have easily won that game. The Cubs escaped is more like it.

Old 10-20-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
Commanding? The Dodgers could have easily won that game. The Cubs escaped is more like it.
Well, at least the Cubs got to play all 3 games at Wrigley, so the Cubs & business around Wrigley received the maximum economic benefit from the ALCS games. The Dodgers only played 2 games at home in the ALCS, so just talking about these 5 games played in the ALCS and nothing else, the Cubs made more money.

Cubs Win !!

Cubs Win !!

Would you eat the moon if it was made of ribs ?

Old 10-20-2017, 01:32 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
Quote:
Well, at least the Cubs got to play all 3 games at Wrigley, so the Cubs & business around Wrigley received the maximum economic benefit from the ALCS games. The Dodgers only played 2 games at home in the ALCS, so just talking about these 5 games played in the ALCS and nothing else, the Cubs made more money.
Well, "just talking about these five games"...yes, but the Dodgers advance to the lightning round where many more cash prizes are available.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:06 PM

Ooops, I meant NLCS, not ALCS, concerning the Cubs/Dodgers series. The Astros had my mind wandering, just a little mad cow tick that comes and goes, the orange from the Astro uniforms can trigger it. If they make it into the WS, I will have to turn the color down on my TV.

Old 10-20-2017, 05:30 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
Quote:
the orange from the Astro uniforms can trigger it. If they make it into the WS, I will have to turn the color down on my TV.
You would have gone blind in the 1970's

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball