Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 08:38 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,093,442 times

Advertisements

The outfield seats / architecture and city skyline look terrific, but so far in photos, it appears a little awkward behind the third base seats especially as those upper decks are concerned. As someone who's been there, do you agree with that initial assessment ? Just curious.

I can't wait to see it in person, though.

Is that the T'Wolves basketball arena directly in right field?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 09:40 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
The outfield seats / architecture and city skyline look terrific, but so far in photos, it appears a little awkward behind the third base seats especially as those upper decks are concerned. As someone who's been there, do you agree with that initial assessment ? Just curious.

I can't wait to see it in person, though.

Having grown up attending games at Metropolitan Stadium and weathering the exile to the Metrodome I couldn't be happier with the result. The only other stadiums I have been to were Jack Murphy in San Diego, County Stadium in Milwaukee and Wrigley.

I'm not sure if the awkwardness you refer to is to the 3rd base line or the LF corner. It is a pretty standard layout of the decks running down the 3rd base line. There are a lot of different price options just on that side alone (price are single game "value" rate).
  • the seats immediately behind the dugout are called Dugout Box ($77) and have access to a club level below the stands that I believe has cocktail and food service.
  • above them (on the first level) are the Home Plate Box ($57).
  • the second level features the Legend Club Seats (7 - 10 rows) and feature wood backs, extra wide padded seat cushions and access to the club immediately behind that has floor-to-ceiling windows, outside patio terrace, plenty of drink rails/bar stools, restaurant seating and bar and food counters. In my opinion, these are the best seats for the money and while supposedly sold as season ticket packages (starting at $48/game) there are plenty that show up on the broker sites from $55 on up. The odd break you see in this section seperates the club seating from the last 4 sections heading torward the LF foul pole called the Skyline Deck ($27).
  • The 3rd level are the Private Suites.
  • The 4th Level is the Terrace Suites ($32 dugout-to-dugout, $22 past the dugouts)
  • The 5th level is the upper deck under the awning...$22 between the dugouts, $13 down towards the foul pole. Stood up in the far corner for a while and while a little far faway from the action for me, they would be well worth the money and have a fantastic view of the skyline beyond RF.
Can't really compare the food/drink offerings to anywhere else but they have done a great job in bringing lots of Minnesota "tastes" in and the options go well beyond what I would post here. Lots of local, micro and nat'l brews and easy to find wines and coctails if that's what you want.

Taste Test of Target Field Food (http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/minnesota/best-food-at-target-field-twins-game-apr-1-2010 - broken link)

Unabashedly biased I know, but if Target Field doesn't come out to be the highest rated new park (once the outstate visitors submit their impressions), I will make it a point to see those that are better.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:41 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post

Yes, Target Arena.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:58 AM

1,161 posts, read 1,859,215 times
PNC Park in Pittsburgh is the best satdium I've ever visited.

Fenway Park I consider to be a best/worst stadium

Best: History, Green Monster, Yawkey Way, close up seating, fun atmosphere

Worst: outrageous ticket prices,1912 size seating, seating in right field faces the bullpen, outrageous ticket prices, can be difficult to get in/get out - did I say something about prices??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball