U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 08:32 PM

654 posts, read 1,080,755 times

Advertisements

OK, we've had best/worst states, and best/worst cities. But now, for you baseball fans, what would you say are your favorite major league baseball stadiums and why? Least favorite? Which ones would you like to see? Why?

Personally, I'm a huge baseball fan but have only been to three major league stadiums.

Shea Stadium - it's a dump, and it's being torn down after this season, but I will miss it (mostly because I have so many memories there).

Yankee Stadium - history, history, history. Although were it not for that I would have to say that it isn't a very desireable place to see a game.

Turner Field - To my surprise this is a great stadium and excellent place to watch a game.

Stadiums I would love see:

Fenway Park
Camden Yards
Wrigley Field
PNC Park
Dodger Stadium
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 09:16 PM

1,137 posts, read 2,009,748 times
Rosenblatt Stadium in Omaha, NE. It may be torn down soon, and a new one built in downtown, so enjoy it while it's there!

Old 02-18-2008, 09:21 PM

Actually I was talking about major league stadiums.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:32 PM

3,326 posts, read 7,526,041 times
Kauffman Stadium in KC is my favorite, partly because I'm a Royals fan, and mostly because it is a terrific stadium. There's not a bad seat in the house. No matter where you sit, you can see every part of the field, and the big scoreboard. It's a beautiful, contemporary styled park, with an impressive water fountain display beyond the outfield wall. Can't wait 'till April.

One of the other two parks I've been to is the old Busch Stadium in St. Louis. Lot's of history, but otherwise a piece of crap. It was one of those multi-purpose, "donut" shaped places that were popular in the '60's. There were several places in the upper deck where you could not see large chunks of the playing field. I think they improved it a little when they converted it to a baseball-only stadium, and put a giant scoreboard in the outfield upper deck. Haven't been to the new ball park, but I hear it's a big improvement, if not a little bland.

The Ballpark in Arlington is the other one I've been to. I wasn't impressed with it, especially considering it's fairly new. I paid a good deal of money to get in, and had a difficult time seeing any kind of scoreboard, and had no view of the jumbo-tron at all. The view of the field wasn't that great, either. They were trying way too hard to be nostalgic on that one.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:44 PM

This season I will be going to the new Washington Nationals stadium, Camden Yards, and hopefully PNC Park. Interesting what you said about the old Busch Stadium in St. Louis. It's basically the way I feel about Shea, lot of history, big horseshoe shaped piece of crap.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:03 PM

3,940 posts, read 13,072,908 times
Coors Field in Denver. Been goin' to those games since I was 4 years old. I consider it my home field.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:21 PM

29,910 posts, read 8,353,550 times
Dolphin Stadium- what a dump, seats are uncomortable, food sucks.

Turner Field- one of the best baseball stadiums, GREAT food, lots more to see and do than in Dolphins Stadium.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:25 PM

5,812 posts, read 16,231,745 times
I've been to new Busch a few times. It's a nice stadium.

I haven't been to any others. I'd like to go to Fenway and Wrigley someday.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:13 PM

96 posts, read 537,434 times
Best:
Fenway Park
Wrigley Field
Camden Yards
AT&T Park
Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
Coors Field

Least Favorite:
Out of the newer ones, Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati... It is new and has most of the things the modern stadiums have but it just doesn't look that spectacular and just seems kinda bland looking.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:45 AM

12,084 posts, read 33,154,060 times
OK, Fenway Park in Boston. I detest the Red Sox, but come on, it's FENWAY!!

Any park the Tigers are playing in . Even when they sucked bad, year, after year, after year....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or