U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 12:59 PM

4,199 posts, read 2,025,850 times

Advertisements

I don't anyways but the only problem I do have with interleague play is when the NL teams go to AL teams the NL teams are forced to find a DH is where I have a problem with it but on the other hand IF the AL teams visit the NL ballparks, the AL pitchers get to bat which totally different. I know some people hate it and they blame Bud Selig for doing it but I don't dislike it other than the DH rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 01:03 PM

6,157 posts, read 9,443,336 times
I don't have a problem with Interleague Play, but, like the NFL playing in London, the novelty has largely worn off.

Old 10-04-2017, 01:04 PM

^^ This.

Old 10-04-2017, 01:10 PM

11,287 posts, read 16,814,885 times
I think it fine.

I get to see Os play the Nats every year at each others' homes.

Every NL team has someone to play DH and most pitchers NL or AL are not good hitters.

Old 10-04-2017, 01:15 PM

I do too but as I said I can't stand the DH rule. The DH rule is ridiculous because it never allows pitchers to bat.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:50 PM

2,020 posts, read 2,887,646 times
I like it but I wish it was consistent like the NFL. In the NFL you always know your team will play a another team in the other conference at least 1 out of 4 years. So you can look forward to it a couple years in advance. For me knowing the Orioles will be playing the Dodgers in 2 years (example) I can look forward to that. But it's just not consistent.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:14 PM

36,969 posts, read 17,437,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I think it fine.

I get to see Os play the Nats every year at each others' homes.

Every NL team has someone to play DH and most pitchers NL or AL are not good hitters.
The advantages even out. Every AL team has a guy on the roster devoted exclusively to hitting and he is typically one of the better hitters on the team. When NL teams have to come up with a DH they are choosing from among bench guys and the difference between an AL pitcher and an AL DH is much greater than the difference between an NL pitcher and whatever guy they have grabbed for the DH slot.

That offsets the NL's advantage of having pitchers experienced at batting.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:34 PM

6,133 posts, read 4,088,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I don't anyways but the only problem I do have with interleague play is when the NL teams go to AL teams the NL teams are forced to find a DH is where I have a problem with it but on the other hand IF the AL teams visit the NL ballparks, the AL pitchers get to bat which totally different. I know some people hate it and they blame Bud Selig for doing it but I don't dislike it other than the DH rule.

Well Jonathan and you should know this because you are very knowledgeable poster here and on the NFL page, without interleague play with the odd teams in the league & divisions without interleague play you are stuck with a team having a bye for a series. Would you rather have that?? I wouldn't!

What MLB should do is either contract 2 teams or add 2 teams. My vote is contract 2 teams since the talent pool is already below average anyways, but that will take 50 jobs away so I doubt that happens to get you to an even number that is divisible by 4 (either 28 or 32). Take those teams and make 2 divisions....an East and a West. You only play your league, but you get 6 games against a "rival" 3 home and 3 away, which accounts for the only 6 games you play of interleague.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:17 PM

^^ Great point but as I said the only problem I have with interleague play is the DH rule. I do not like the designated hitter rule because if the NL teams came to the AL teams then the NL manager is forced to find a DH but vice versa if the AL came to the AL then the AL pitchers bat. I like that. Other than that, I have no problems with interleague play as some people hate it. I don't mind it in the same sence I don't mind interconference matchups in the NFL, non-conference games in the NBA, NCAA, etc.

Old 10-06-2017, 12:51 AM

3,778 posts, read 7,167,630 times
I don't like it. It is impossible to make a fair schedule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or