Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 07:18 AM

941 posts, read 2,299,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischfan13 View Post
Do you really believe that anyone who goes onto a ballfield doesn't care if they win?
As for motivation, Randolph should be the one providing it.

Rick Peterson should be held accountable for the pitching staff.
Pitching staff suck?
Not really, would you rather have the pitching staffs of several other NL teams (Nats, Giants...etc.)
Santana bothers me. He is not the guy that the Twins had, but he also had an awful stretch late last year and I wonder if something is wrong.
Perez is a head case and has been told by management to calm his act down and to pitch and not throw from five different angles.
Maine looks really good.
Pelfrey looks like he is not ML material.

Church was having a great season until he injured himself. Chavez needs some more AB's.

Beltran and Reyes need a manager to light a fire under their asses.

Do you fire the team, or do you clean house of Randolph, his staff and Minaya?
I would fire Randolph and Minaya.
Having a fiery coach or boss does'nt mean automatic production i've had some nasty bosses and their yelling and anger did nothing to boost the morale of employees, if anything it gave us the f you mentality towards them. Minaya brought these players in,(including Willie) if any one should be shaking a cup on the corner Minaya should be first in line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 07:51 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,949,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.man View Post
Having a fiery coach or boss does'nt mean automatic production i've had some nasty bosses and their yelling and anger did nothing to boost the morale of employees, if anything it gave us the f you mentality towards them. Minaya brought these players in,(including Willie) if any one should be shaking a cup on the corner Minaya should be first in line.

You're right....look at the Phillies....they've responded much better to Charlie Manuel, who is generally laid back, but can get firey if he needs to....than hot-headed Larry Bowa. I think the Mets issue is a lack of character....there's no chemistry there whatsoever. Its not the manager's fault.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:52 AM

Quote:
My question is to the people who believe that Willie should not be fired...
When does a manager deserved to get fired?
It seems that some of you have enough excuses as to why Willie should have this job for life.
I think Omar Minaya should be the one to get fired. He put the team together.

Although I hope they do nothing....I'm having fun watching the Mets lose.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:17 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,305,197 times
Quote:
Do you really believe that anyone who goes onto a ballfield doesn't care if they win?
Yes. Yes I do. Why do you think steroids took off? Some players were (are) only in it for themselves, their own stats, the payday. Many of them don't care about winning. They're too busy counting the money. That's not to say all of them are, but the Mets sure seem to have quite a few of them on the field this year...

Old 05-28-2008, 09:22 PM

828 posts, read 3,134,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
You're right....look at the Phillies....they've responded much better to Charlie Manuel, who is generally laid back, but can get firey if he needs to....than hot-headed Larry Bowa. I think the Mets issue is a lack of character....there's no chemistry there whatsoever. Its not the manager's fault.
MrK, I was never a fan of Bowa. I thought that Bowa was the reason why the Phillies were falling on their faces. The times that I have seen Manuel seethe in the dugout and get pissed are the times that his team has come thru for him. The Phillies do not need a fire lit underneath them, but the Mets do.
Randolph had his chance to fire up his team when Delgado's HR was called foul against the Yankees. Word quickly spread to the clubhouse that the instant replay on tv showed that it was indeed a hr...but Randolph did nothing. It was his time to fire up the team, and he failed. Randolph must go. If I was a Phils fan I would hope that he stays. Gene Mauch was blamed for the '64 collapse, not his team. In future years people will be blaming Randolph for the '07 collapse. He had his chances to right a sinking ship. He did an awful job with the pitching staff during the last two weeks of the season, as he is doing now. Randolph was given the choice to pitch Pelfry or Santana on four days rest vs the Nats, and then the other would be getting five days rest vs the Yankees. Which game is more important? The Nats game, of course...it is an interdivisional game. Randolph chose to pitch Santana on five days rest against the Yankees. Who cares about those game? The Phils, Braves and Marlins are the teams to worry about, and Randolph has not figured this out.
Send him packing.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:30 AM

941 posts, read 2,299,985 times
Good win i woke chaves up with that can't hit comment huh? Perez is still pitching like $hit, Pedro is on his way back we'll see what happens they needed this win.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:51 AM

828 posts, read 3,134,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.man View Post
Good win i woke chaves up with that can't hit comment huh? Perez is still pitching like $hit, Pedro is on his way back we'll see what happens they needed this win.
Chavez needs the AB's.
The more I read about the Church situation the more I believe that Minaya should be fired as well as Randolph. Put the guy on the DL. He has not been able to play and he still cannot play. Minaya has been very slow with the trigger to placing guys on the DL ,and this has made the team run short on several occasions during the past few seasons. In todays NY Times, and last nights broadcast, it has been reported that Church has no recall of pinch hitting the other day...some medical staff, eh?

Old 05-30-2008, 02:42 PM

717 posts, read 770,921 times
The best stretch of the season is a 3 game winning streak. How Sad!
At least they have looked like the '06 Mets for now. We'll see if it continues then this thread will get back on topic.
Omar Minaya stinks.
Delgado is done.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:25 PM

717 posts, read 770,921 times
Change the name of this thread to Its time to Fire Omar and Willie and have an all out firesale starting with Billy Wagner and Carlos Delgado.
This is a very tough team to root for. I almost want them to lose so the above happens.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:37 AM

Time for Billy Wagner to go back to the Alpaca farm. Although as a Phillies fan, I think the Mets shouldn't change a thing....

Mets fans are starting to see why loud mouth Wagner wore out his welcome in both Philly and Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball