Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the pitching mound be moved back?
Yes 3 25.00%
No 9 75.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 10:03 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
When I was a kid I only remember two pitchers who could hit 100 mph - Nolan Ryan and JR Richard. Now it's pretty common. It's definitely time to move the mound.
This could create havoc for pitchers with their breaking stuff. That extra foot of travel and the breaking point of the ball could force pitchers to make some major adjustments.
For that reason, the MLB is choosing a non-affiliated independent minor league as the experiment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 07:17 PM

6,344 posts, read 2,898,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
This could create havoc for pitchers with their breaking stuff. That extra foot of travel and the breaking point of the ball could force pitchers to make some major adjustments.
For that reason, the MLB is choosing a non-affiliated independent minor league as the experiment.
They will adjust. I wonder if they could make the ball a little bigger.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:59 PM

4,863 posts, read 6,927,783 times
Quote:
They will adjust. I wonder if they could make the ball a little bigger.
And put helium in it. Wouldn't that be great? Maybe the pitchers can be forced to indicate what pitch (curve, fastball, slider, changeup) that they're going to throw before they throw it? Have the pitching coach push the indicating button and it can show up on the video board. Maybe the batter can have veto power that he can use so many times a game if he doesn't like that particular pitch.

Every effort is being made by the idiots in charge of MLB to placate to the young people trying to get them to watch the game. This is all while they systematically get rid of the true fans of the game by screwing with it until it's hardly recognizable.

Old 04-21-2021, 06:43 AM

6,344 posts, read 2,898,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
And put helium in it. Wouldn't that be great? Maybe the pitchers can be forced to indicate what pitch (curve, fastball, slider, changeup) that they're going to throw before they throw it? Have the pitching coach push the indicating button and it can show up on the video board. Maybe the batter can have veto power that he can use so many times a game if he doesn't like that particular pitch.

Every effort is being made by the idiots in charge of MLB to placate to the young people trying to get them to watch the game. This is all while they systematically get rid of the true fans of the game by screwing with it until it's hardly recognizable.
They lowered the mound back in 1968. That didn't ruin that game. Maybe they can lower the mound even more. Or make it a pit instead of a mound. I like the sound of that - the pitcher's pit.

Old 04-21-2021, 06:53 AM

4,863 posts, read 6,927,783 times
Quote:
They lowered the mound back in 1968. That didn't ruin that game. Maybe they can lower the mound even more. Or make it a pit instead of a mound. I like the sound of that - the pitcher's pit.
Hush. Don't say things like that. You might give them ideas.

Sooner or later all the fans will be able to download an app where everyone gets a vote on every pitch. This pitch the pitcher must throw a curveball. If a runner is on base, the fans have voted that he has to steal on the next pitch.

I can see 25,000 fans sitting at a game staring at their cellphones. Oh wait, we've already got that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball