Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-29-2023, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Free State of Florida
25,956 posts, read 12,968,255 times
Reputation: 19455

Advertisements

Braves already let 2 quality starters slip away...Nola and Gray.

Now trying for Cease, and Glasnow...maybe the Brewers Burnes...Ohtani will very likely wind up on the West Coast.

If the Braves do not get at least 1 of of these top starters, we'll have a replay of last years season & playoffs.

Going 162-0 in the regular season is meaningless to fans. The minimum we'll accept in 2024 is winning the NL Pennant.

I'm boycotting all Spring trainng games (3 miles from my home in Florida) if the Braves do not sign 1 top line starter...as if they care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-30-2023, 06:16 PM
 
34,127 posts, read 17,183,073 times
Reputation: 17249
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Braves already let 2 quality starters slip away...Nola and Gray.

Now trying for Cease, and Glasnow...maybe the Brewers Burnes...Ohtani will very likely wind up on the West Coast.

If the Braves do not get at least 1 of of these top starters, we'll have a replay of last years season & playoffs.

Going 162-0 in the regular season is meaningless to fans. The minimum we'll accept in 2024 is winning the NL Pennant.

I'm boycotting all Spring trainng games (3 miles from my home in Florida) if the Braves do not sign 1 top line starter...as if they care.
I knew Nola would stay with Phils. Between Wheeler & Nola, Phils are built for postseason baeball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2024, 07:45 PM
 
Location: Free State of Florida
25,956 posts, read 12,968,255 times
Reputation: 19455
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I knew Nola would stay with Phils. Between Wheeler & Nola, Phils are built for postseason baeball.
Braves ownership are too cheap to spend what it takes to get a top flight starter. I'll bet they let Fried walk at seasons' end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2024, 04:31 PM
 
3,812 posts, read 4,708,190 times
Reputation: 3330
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Braves ownership are too cheap to spend what it takes to get a top flight starter. I'll bet they let Fried walk at seasons' end.
With all the $ they will be saving with Aldies, Acuna and Austin Riley you would think they'd go out and get a guy like Snell to really give them a big plus in October.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2024, 03:31 PM
 
Location: Free State of Florida
25,956 posts, read 12,968,255 times
Reputation: 19455
Well, the Braves got Chris Sale...damaged goods? Let's see how he does...I know how good he once was, but that was then.

It would be great if he had 1 more strong year left in that shoulder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2024, 06:13 PM
 
2,017 posts, read 995,053 times
Reputation: 1524
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Well, the Braves got Chris Sale...damaged goods? Let's see how he does...I know how good he once was, but that was then.

It would be great if he had 1 more strong year left in that shoulder.
How does he do in the playoffs? That is the only question that matters. Just look at the team's postseason results the last two seasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2024, 04:58 AM
 
Location: Free State of Florida
25,956 posts, read 12,968,255 times
Reputation: 19455
Nice start to the season by the Braves.

Hate the loss of Strider, and Murphy & Albies being out hurts too, but 9-1 over the last 10 can't be improved upon by much anyways.

We have so many bats in the line-up, 1/2 of them can go cold, & we can still win some of those games.

Riley and Olson are both struggling right now, but Ozuna and D'Arnaud have been white hot.

Let's see how the depleted Braves can hold up against the Cleveland Generics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2024, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Free State of Florida
25,956 posts, read 12,968,255 times
Reputation: 19455
Braves took 2 out of 3 from the Cleveland Generics.

Still have the best record in MLB.

Still not hitting on all cylinders though...Riley showed some signs today of breaking out of his slump, but Olsen...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2024, 05:14 PM
 
Location: Free State of Florida
25,956 posts, read 12,968,255 times
Reputation: 19455
So glad we didn't resign Dansby Swanson. His stats in Chicago do not justify his asking prices.

I'll take Orlando Arcia every time...smart play by the Braves leadership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:17 AM
 
Location: Free State of Florida
25,956 posts, read 12,968,255 times
Reputation: 19455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
With all the $ they will be saving with Aldies, Acuna and Austin Riley you would think they'd go out and get a guy like Snell to really give them a big plus in October.
The Braves don't like to pay the big bucks on healthy young top line free agency Starters. I wish they would, but its not the way they roll. I was surpised when we got Charlie Morton in the twilight of his career, which paid off. Now, we got Chris Sale, but the jury's still out on that move....can he stay healthy? He's looked upon as being unreliable, almost damaged goods, which is why Atlanta got him cheap.

The Braves are never going to be big spenders like the Yankees, Dodgers, & Mets are. Spending big doesn't always lead to World Series appearences, but it sure doesn't hurt.

The Braves need to rebuild their farm system, starting yesterday. That is my biggest worry right now.

Our bats have quieted, our #1 starter & #1 catcher are both out, & we've had other injuries to Albies & Acuna, but we're still at .667 winning %, 3rd best in MLB.

If we can get healthy and stay healthy, & our bats get back to normal, we'll go on another run. For now, beating the Mets twice in a row on the road will have to suffice...an we make it a sweep today? Bryce Elder is very hittable, so this is the best chance the Mets are gonna get in this series.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top