Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2010, 07:58 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,645,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
No run support for KK.

We gave that game up, like a kid does to a Bully!
The shoe was on the other foot tonight...the part about no run support for Hudson. Anyway, Philly did what they had to do tonight and it was an enjoyable game, my squad just came up short (ATL will get Roy in Philly).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 06:12 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,136 times
ATL is a tough squad!

This should be a very interesting year in our division.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
ATL is a tough squad!

This should be a very interesting year in our division.
Wow, you're being kind. Philly isn't even at full strength and they handled the Bravos like we're the Mets or Astros. The only positive that I notice with Atlanta so far is that the bullpen is legit.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:59 PM

228 posts, read 460,367 times
we need more bats! We are second-worst in batting average in the national league and we are around the same area in home runs. We got blanked by all 3 phillies pitchers, even the one with a 17.56 era!!

In the words of the AJC, we can't rely on Heyward to create a miracle every game.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:20 PM

This offense shouldn't be this bad. Glaus and Chipper are washed up and that's the truth. It's obvious that Pendleton isn't helping these guys because they just go up to the plate and hack away. I expected Halladay to close shop but Kendrick & Moyer? I don't think normal people understand this but Moyer is almost 50 years old and his fastball is like 70 mph. This was just a bad series, I even got annoyed with the idiot who plays that fsu chop song. Nat, does it make any sense to play FSU's theme song when there's one out and you're down by five (Chipper did get a hit but still down by 5)? It's early and I'd like to think that they can sweep NY but who knows?

Old 04-24-2010, 12:09 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
Wow, you're being kind. Philly isn't even at full strength and they handled the Bravos like we're the Mets or Astros. The only positive that I notice with Atlanta so far is that the bullpen is legit.
Scott I'm a very kind person.

It's true ATL is a tough team!

Old 04-24-2010, 12:12 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Baseball Video Highlights & Clips | ATL@NYM: Pagan scores when no one covers home - Video | MLB.com: Multimedia

Old 04-24-2010, 04:57 PM

228 posts, read 460,367 times
Itis too late to sweep New York, we've already lost two games to them.

And guess what the culprit was?............Yep that's right, OFFENSE!!!!!!

Please help me, because I have no idea what's going on. Even with our limited line up, we should still be doing better.

This really sucks!

Old 04-25-2010, 07:44 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat of the ATL View Post
Itis too late to sweep New York, we've already lost two games to them.

And guess what the culprit was?............Yep that's right, OFFENSE!!!!!!

Please help me, because I have no idea what's going on. Even with our limited line up, we should still be doing better.

This really sucks!
Sloppy play is a factor too. Forgetting how many outs there are, nobody covering home, dropping fly balls all over the place. The Braves are a better team than this. They're not going to go very far this season if they give away series like they've given this one away. Still, they have a very decent shot at the wild card. They can be better than most of the NL if they get a handle on the fundamentals.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:12 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,462 times
i said it before and i'll say it again. Atlanta doesn't need to beef up the bullpen. They need to beef up the line-up. Our pitchers are fine, but we need some damn offense. Come on Atlanta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball