Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2008, 06:42 PM

52,683 posts, read 47,932,189 times

Advertisements

And talking about playoff possibilities is only about 10 to 12 days away -- it's not far off. It all depends on the records and how everything plays out. We can speculate now, but we best wait.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,398 times
Does anyone know if you have a check card from bank of america! Could u over draw from an atm machine with it?!?!??!

Old 09-15-2008, 07:56 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
The whole point of a check card is to have an ATM card that can also process a transaction through the Visa/Mastercard payment system when dealing directly with a merchant.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:36 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,925,857 times
Welcome to the NL Central / Finance thread.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:59 AM

694 posts, read 2,015,604 times
[quote=case44;5269560]We can give Zambrano credit tonight. He pitched a gem at Miller, and you Chicago fans can savor this moment. But this is just one game. The division's not won yet, and neither is the Wild Card. The Lovable Losers still have more games to play, including tomorrow, where the Astros might actually get a hit. quote]

Boy your a genius and a psychic----the astros did get A hit! The pathetic's from Houston managed to whine and whine about how everything is unfair and forgot how to hit the baseball entirely. The pathetic Astros should forget about the wild card and instead try to win the whine card!

Hurricane or no hurricane----these millionaires can hire the help they need to clean up and barring any physical injury to them or a family member---I DON'T WANT TO HEAR their whines and excuses!

Old 09-16-2008, 12:16 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,725,861 times
While the Astros did have a lot on their mind, I am not sure playing at an Astros friendly park, if there even is any other than Minute Maid, would have helped. Did they forget they just swept the Cubs at home last week and they've won a bunch of games in a row. If anything they can blame it on the fact their minds were on Ike and their family homes, not the 16k Cubs fans...etc.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:31 PM

Default Responses / Around The Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1217 View Post
Does anyone know if you have a check card from bank of america! Could u over draw from an atm machine with it?!?!??!
Um.....wrong thread, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakecountylifer View Post

The pathetic's from Houston managed to whine and whine about how everything is unfair and forgot how to hit the baseball entirely. The pathetic Astros should forget about the wild card and instead try to win the whine card!
We can refrain from calling the Astros pathetic, since, after all, they are still in a pennant race. That team you probably root for has not been to a World Series since, oh, 1945! You think that isn't pathetic?? And, no, the Astros' players don't have any excuses for poor play. You have to hit, run, pitch, do all of the clutch things, and win. Things will get better during that Marlins series. Regarding the one-hit game, yes, I must be a psychic!

---------

Also, guys, some other things, too. The Brewers try to get their feet back on the ground at Wrigley with C.C. Sabathia taking the hill tonight for Milwaukee............ The National League's hottest pitcher in the second half has been the Astros' Roy Oswalt. He goes to the mound in Florida against Chris Volstad. Oswalt is 8-1 since the All-Star break. In addition, all eyes will also be on a team from another division, Philadelphia, as the 'Stros, along the Brewers, fight for that one Wild Card spot. The difference between the three teams is two and a half games............And I'm surprised we haven't mentioned this here, but there is a chance that Chicago GM Jim Hendry may not be back next year. Have any of you heard this? The reason is that ownership is still in the process of trying to change hands, and if something isn't resolved there soon, Hendry will likely look at some other clubs if he can't get a contract signed............ And how often does a pitcher miss a start because of an abscessed tooth?? The Pirates' Jeff Karstens went through that. He missed his last start because of that, but is fine now. He'll make his scheduled start tonight against the Dodgers.

Last edited by case44; 09-16-2008 at 04:43 PM..

Old 09-16-2008, 05:58 PM

Default Did You Know That........

Here's one for you. Carlos Zambrano is the first major league starting pitcher whose last name begins with Z to throw a no-hitter.

And this: I'll bet you can't guess the team with the longest drought since being no-hit by an opposing pitcher. Any guesses??

Old 09-16-2008, 08:09 PM

694 posts, read 2,015,604 times
case44 are you talking current baseball or giving a history lesson? I thought this was a thread about the nl central in 2008. All I see is your references to lovable losers and 1945 and 1908. I guess that's what you cling to when your BARELY alive For the last play off spot and the
Cubs lead the division by 8 games and will probably clinch this week.

The cubs have had the best record record in the NL the vast majority of the season and you want to talk about 1945. That's pathetic. If you don't want to talk about the current season then say so.

And I'm sorry but 1 hit in 18 innings is pathetic. The Astros appear to be choking. Losing 3 in a row with 2 runs in 27 innings while fighting for the last playoff spot is pathetic. But I guess in your world you want to talk about 1945 or bartman or whatever it is to deflect talk about what's happening in the nl central NOW.

Last edited by lakecountylifer; 09-16-2008 at 08:30 PM..

Old 09-16-2008, 10:15 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,925,857 times
Well the Cubs got to Sabathia again beating the Brewers 5-4. Getting closer and closer to clinching. I do remember a lot of talk about the Cubs tanking at the end and how the top "3" teams were going to go into late Sept. Everyone died out except the Cubs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball