Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 03:19 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,644,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
yea for real man, The dude is whining and said "he lost his respect for the Braves", his OBP is .287!!! that is downight pathetic. Not too mention he's slugging .374, which is miserably bad. I think he let the fact that he's "homegrown" blind him, same thing can be said about Braves fans, now.....Brian Mccann is having a terrific season and always seemed a little bit more modest than Jeff, glad to see Mccann doing good
If the guy knew how to recognize non-fastball pitches then the Braves would have a much better record. I get the feeling that Jeff wants to be praised for abusing AA pitchers (You should be abusing them Jeff) but I know that we'll see the same when he comes back. He killed me with that losing respect quote. Of course I have no proof but he seems to be the type that would be jealous of his boy McCann.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 03:27 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,644,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinPhils View Post
I have a great idea....the Phillies have a pitcher in Brett Myers that has a lot of potential talent but is screwed up in the head, and the Braves have Francouer, who has talent and may need a change of scenery. Why don't the Phils and Braves swap Myers and Francouer?

I've always liked Francouer, he always seemed to hit good in Philly.
I think he grew up a Redsox fan and the Braves would trade him to an NL East club. I don't want to see him in Philly because their clubhouse they're already that good, they don't need another X-Factor. He seems to be a Met-type player.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:59 PM
HGH

51 posts, read 21,748 times
They called him back up. Hopefully he learned some plate discipline during the 2 or 3 days he was there....... I also believe that he is a little jealous of Mccann. I was jk about him learning plate discipline.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:01 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,960,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoFan View Post
If the guy knew how to recognize non-fastball pitches then the Braves would have a much better record. I get the feeling that Jeff wants to be praised for abusing AA pitchers (You should be abusing them Jeff) but I know that we'll see the same when he comes back. He killed me with that losing respect quote. Of course I have no proof but he seems to be the type that would be jealous of his boy McCann.
probably is..sheesh. At least McCann can hit a breaking pitch, and walk more than 20 times a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball