Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 07:23 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,114,850 times

Advertisements

His only chance is as a DH, but I don't think there will be any takers...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 11:09 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,563,176 times
He'll be playing for the Jail team.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:59 PM

367 posts, read 692,891 times
Please, please, for the love of the ghost of Ted Williams, don't let Barry "My melon grew bigger than a basketball since I started taking steroids" Bonds grace Fenway Park.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:22 AM

124 posts, read 162,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
If he plays, my guess would be a minimum contract with Oakland.

Yeah, that Al Davis will sign anyone.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:35 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,307,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Wow, will he really play again? The rumor is Boston.....I don't think anyone will pick him up......
I hope Boston does pick Bonds up and that he finishes his career there and leaves the game in a manner of his choosing. The man is home run king for God's sake. If he were Babe Ruth, he would be signed on with some team just on principle alone. The man should be honored, not condemned. He's innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

Go Barry Bonds.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:09 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,127,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I hope Boston does pick Bonds up and that he finishes his career there and leaves the game in a manner of his choosing. The man is home run king for God's sake. If he were Babe Ruth, he would be signed on with some team just on principle alone. The man should be honored, not condemned. He's innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

Go Barry Bonds.
Nobody is just picking on Bonds, Clemens and Sosa have very few supporters too.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:29 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,136,802 times
Quote:
This is an old rumor on it's third or fourth go-round.
I appologize....I didn't realize a simple question would get your panties in a whirl. wow.

Anyway - his own agent says it looks "bleak" for him so I doubt he will be playing any kind of pro baseball this year........but i'm glad, players should start considering it a privilage to play pro not a right.....that's so amazingly concieded....home run king or not.....always irriplaceable......always

Old 07-26-2008, 01:13 PM

151 posts, read 783,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
Yes he has been quoted as disliking Boston because they were the last team to integrate.

I'm with the majority on this one, I don't see him playing this year but if he does it wont be Boston.

If Boston had any interest they probably would have made an offer much sooner like when Big Papi first got hurt.

The timing doesn't make much sense either.
Being a Red Sox fan, the history of racism the Red Sox have had is the one thing in Red Sox history I'm ashamed about. Luckily, from what I saw in Boston, the blacks in Boston seemed to have forgiven the Red Sox racist history. All the blacks in Boston that I saw in sports stuff (and I saw a lot of blacks in Boston wearing sports stuff) were in Red Sox stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball