Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2023, 11:04 AM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 2 days ago)

52,706 posts, read 47,996,677 times

Advertisements

On paper, Ron Washington is a good hire. He's coming into a difficult position and his age could be a detriment, despite past success. This division is going to be very tough, and the Angels will be looking up at three other teams that will provide a dogfight for number one.

Wishing Ron good luck, but this ride will not be easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2023, 08:44 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,559,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
On paper, Ron Washington is a good hire. He's coming into a difficult position and his age could be a detriment, despite past success. This division is going to be very tough, and the Angels will be looking up at three other teams that will provide a dogfight for number one.

Wishing Ron good luck, but this ride will not be easy.

^^^^^

And Grandstander's last post on the thread (four posts before yours) made me chuckle and smile .

Old Today, 06:05 PM

26,226 posts, read 49,079,778 times
Good grief. Mike Trout has a torn meniscus in his knee, requiring surgery, but it isn't yet known if it will end his season.

Yahoo news has the story:

Quote:
Trout subsequently spoke with the media, fighting back tears and calling the situation "frustrating." He said he wasn't quite sure when he sustained the injury but recalled an awkward moment while running off the field:

Quote:
"It's crazy because I look back, and I don't even know when I did it. Third inning, after the inning was over, I was running into the dugout, and I felt a little ache in my knee. Not a serious ache. I was like, 'Oh, that was weird.'

"Didn't think anything of it. I was hitting and running, didn't feel nothing. Scored from second, nothing. Then it was just after when I did activity, I sat down, and I got back up. That's when I started feeling it."
Even if Trout comes back this season, the development is a massive blow for both him and the Angels. The three-time MVP is currently tied for the MLB lead in homers with 10 while hitting .220/.325/.541 for a team that entered Tuesday in fourth in the AL West at 11-18.

The team was already missing its other highly paid All-Star, Anthony Rendon, who will be out a significant amount of time due to a hamstring strain.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball